Blazing Six Guns

Old Jul 2 '11, 8:00am
Feel the Sting!

Blazing Six Guns

Go Heeled - Forum
Miscellaneous
Ad Closes: Jul 10 '11
Estimated Members Requested: 2

I am recruiting two more players for Go Heeled, a Wild West game that uses the free and very rules light Mini Six system. You can find a link to the rules in my signature. There are some house rules in the game thread.

This game tends to be bloody and RP intensive. The western genre is one of my passions so I take this game very seriously. It is mostly solo story-lines with some guest appearances from other players. Post rates are whatever you want and feel comfortable with. Frequent posters get asked to make guest appearances. I would encourage interested parties to read through the other game threads to see what game play has been like. Especially Elias Walker as Ghost Wolf has been in the game a long time and there are good examples of how the RP can go on for long periods building to sudden and violent clashes.

This will not be first come first serve. I will leave the ad open until the 10th of July.

Post applications here!

Game Description:

Date: August 1876
Place: Ute Creek Colorado (Fictional)

Fear is still echoing through the western territories over the death of Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer and 210 men under his command on the banks of the Little Big Horn. Wild Bill Hickok has just been murdered in a gambling hall in Deadwood. The Colorado Territory has just become the State of Colorado.

Gold has just been discovered in the Blue River drainage of south central Colorado causing the ranching community of Ute Creek to boom. There is talk of a rail line from Denver running to the Ute Creek next year.

In the late summer of 1876 Ute Creek Colorado is a quiet little cow town on the verge of becoming civilized when it is suddenly flooded by prospectors, camp followers, bad men and settlers hoping to find a better life.

This game is a Cinematic Western sandbox taking place in fictional Ute Creek Colorado and the outlying areas. It is a pure Western with no supernatural aspects. Play will be mostly individual with occasional to heavy interaction between characters.

The game will use the freely available Mini Six rules by AntiPaladin Games with setting specific information found in the forum.

As a huge fan of the western genre, I'm compelled to post my interest.

Edit: Application posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Friendly View Post
Posting Interest. Looks like you've really done a bit of study. I'll go and read up on the forum, now.
All my life! Grew up and live on a ranch in Wyoming. So I kind of live it. But yeah! I take this game pretty seriously. Look like we have some good apps already.

This the game I've dreamed of! I can't believe someone is finally running your basic old west style game. No magic or anything of that sort. Would a young cavalry lieutenant be out of the question? I didn't see any forts mentioned in the Ute creek area. How about an indian renegade like 'Blue Duck' from lonesome dove? I didn't see any indian tribes listed nearby or reservations. If you are unable to post before this evening, I'll probably post both characters and hope one is accepted.

Interested! Also, posted an app. I've always wanted to roleplay Wild West after playing GUN and Call of Juarez.

Whytewyzard - The Ute reservation is nearby and I can get a detachment of soldiers into the area so either would work well.

It is great to see all the interest. More than I really expected.

Posted an app! Sounds like an awesome, straight forward game, with solid options for character roleplay and a flexible pace that will come in handy. Plus, I have been dying for some D6 action!

I am closing this ad. There are so many great apps. Thanks to all that applied.