Notices

x3--: Season 3 OOC

If you read the houserules and votes threads, MJS, you'll see where Lost Episodes policy is (and has always been) tht we follow the rules as written.

There aren't always rules as written and it's always up to the gm to interpret them... And as Chimaera said now it's up to Dorat to make his ruling as I will make mine when my time comes...

You really should read the threads in question. The game has rules about this precisely so there's nothing to discuss here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Drk should be aware that choosing to take twenty isn't a free success, it represents an investment of in-game time. Most of the time it doesn't matter, but what if the GM suddenly argues that, because Grey decided to take 20, the crew ends up waiting for 2-5 hours, and now Imperial reinforcements have showed up and subsequent encounters and skill checks are now more difficult.
(PS- That's why I rolled as well, in case taking of said 20 would represent move of an investment of time/resources/manpower/equipment/whatever than is realistic for the situation.)

(PSS- Never assume DRK should know anything. The bastard is clueless 90% of the time.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuyoshikentsu View Post
You really should read the threads in question. The game has rules about this precisely so there's nothing to discuss here.
Read them, Gm still rules, otherwise he just turn it around so the rules don't fit. How could you say Gm don't rules his own session, that's just being stupid.

Before this explodes into a battle, don't.

RAW is the default ruling. GMs can modify to fit the plot of their episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkrough View Post
Before this explodes into a battle, don't.

RAW is the default ruling. GMs can modify to fit the plot of their episode.
Right. That's why included some exposition to mabye allow Narrow to Farseeing in non-standard format. DRK allowed for two rolls. Narrow can swing those however he wants.

It is not a big deal, in my mind. He can lead us down his plot with a number of options. He could choose to have Naru have a force vision instead by extending the power or something.

Michael, since this is a skill challenge you need to choose one applicable skill to roll each round. Right now the only skills you can use are Survival and Stealth but you need to choose one to roll.

Is that a blanket "read the rules" or a specific "read the rules"?