Notices

Issue Eleven: The Revenge Of Kang

Late June, 1999.

Having returned from a well-enjoyed break in Wakanda a few weeks ago, things have been relatively quiet. The problem with things being quiet, is you know they will never stay that way, and when is does end, in your business, it usually ends spectacularly...

You find yourselves on the corner of 6th and Main, two block away from Viddler's Five And Dime which resides at the corner of 8th and Maine in downtown Orchard Park, a suburb just south of Buffalo. Police cars have the next two blocks, including a few side streets cordoned off. A short while ago, the police band radio crackled with "two-eleven in progress...All units respond. The Punisher, believed armed, is reported on the scene."

Having kept a relatively low profile since your last encounter with him, this seems to be the first time the Punisher has turned since then...well, in a public way, anyway.

Making your way through the police border, you arrive at Viddler's.

The glass front of the store is in shards, pieces of glass everywhere. Bullet holes line the walls and shelves of the store. To one side stands the Punisher, next to the back office. He is calm but in a ready fighting position. No expression of emotion can be read on his face. At his feet is a man lying in a spreading pool of blood. His face is covered with a ski mask. There
is a pistol in his still hand.

Initiatives and declared actions, everyone!

GM Notes: Main Street runs North-South on the far right side of the map. Replace the word "Olsen's" on the map with "Viddler's".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MH4 - Chapter 7.JPG (54.6 KB, 0 views)

Dice Roll: 1d10+1
d10 Results: 8 (Total = 9)
initiative

Benni charges into the room wearing her new leather amazonish outfit, ordering, "Drop your weapons and Everyone on the ground! NOW!!" She is moving into the shop,
Intuition Excellent, karma for green,
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 40
looking to see if there is anyone else in the shop besides Punisher and the man on the floor. Whoever looks like they are going to resist, she will
Run and grab and slam whoever face first into a wall, Strength-Remarkable
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 47
charge them, aiming to slam them into a wall.

Dice Roll: 1d20+2
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 13)
Initiative

Blackbird is overhead, flying CAP with smokey force field already in place. Regardless of what happens below, there's almost always going to be a runner...and when there is, he will be ready.

Centennial Man leaps to the forefront, making sure that his durable body will take the brunt of any gunfire intended for him and his companions. His eyes dart to and fro, this way and that, trying to best assess the situation. He then focuses on The Punisher as if
RM Telepathy to read surface thoughts:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 4
looking through him.

Initiative:
Dice Roll:
1d10+3
d10 Results: 3 (Total = 6)
Initiative

Silver hawk stands at the ready with his hands at his waist inches from his guns. Punisher what are you doing back here in Buffalo. What did you just stop the man in the mask from doing. Tell me you are back to being a hero again.

Dice Roll: 1d10
d10 Results: 1
Initiative

Quick note: per the description above, the man was armed. The downed man is wearing a ski mask and has a gun in his hand.

More to come later.

(OOC) I got the note there and I redid my post accordingly.(OOC/)

Initiative:

Blackbird (outside)
Benni
Punisher
Centennial Man
Silver Hawk

Charging at the Punisher, Benni sees him grit his teeth just before her impact. Letting out a grunt as Benni slams him against the wall behind him, he quips "Nice suit. New? It looks good on you.", as if completely unfazed by her attack. Bennis's pretty confident that he'll find the crunch she heard upon impact a little difficult to ignore.

Realizing he is outnumbered and outpowered, the Punisher throws something to the floor which immediately begins to fill the area with smoke before heading into a back office.

Centennial Man bravely throws himself between Punisher and the rest of the team and attempts to read the man's intentions...

"This was a really bad idea...I regret my actions...maybe if I beg for mercy...I think I'm bleeding..."

CM then realizes he wasn't hearing the Punisher's thoughts, but those of the man on the floor lying in a pool of his own blood.

SilverHawk's questions go unanswered as Punisher disappears into a back room.

Everyone inside (everyone except Blackbird) give me an Endurance FEAT.

Centennial Man holds his breath as the gaseous fumes mushroom out and fill the bar. His superhuman fortitude and immune system
RM Endurance:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 11
try to fight off the effects of grenade.