Myth-Weavers All Stars

Old Jul 17 '11, 3:26am
Master Sergeant Shooter Person

Myth-Weavers All Stars

Myth Weavers All-Stars - Forum
Wushu
Estimated Members Requested: 1

FAQQ: So, uh, what's this "Wushu" thing, anyway?
A: Wushu is a free, open-source rules-lite RPG meant to emulate action movies, where the more you describe something, the more you dice you get to roll. It won't take long to read the rules.

Q: What is the tone of this game?
A: Very, very silly, and very, very epic, like a good game of "ZAP!" Paranoia but with a lower bodycount. If we haven't accidently blown up a major landmark by the end of the game, I will consider the game a failure.

Q: What kind of characters do you want?
A: Nothing in particular. In fact the more outrageously inappropriate a character is for playing a futuristic bloodsport in a cyberpunk distopia, the better. The only limitation is that you must have played as that character before in a tabletop RPG, either online or offline. Forcing you to play as a character you've already established will make sure that you stay interested in your character's exploits, and by extension the game itself.

Q: My character is not from a setting where people can randomly fall through a wormhole and end up in another dimention. Is that a problem?
A: Nope. This crossover is in the vein of Super Smash Bros.; there's no real reason these characters should be here, but there they are. But feel free to make up a reason if you really want to.

Application
REQUIRED:
Name: Your character's name.
Biography: (A quick summary of your character's history and your exploits playing as him. Does not need to explain how he or she got to Metatron.)
Personality: (Self-explanatory)
Traits: (You have 5 points to spend on traits. See here for more information)
Weakness: (Yes, you have to have one.)

OPTIONAL:
Arch-Nemisis: (A short description and/or biography of your character's worst (living) enemy. If all of his enemies are dead, choose an important character from the setting that has or would have a reason to hate your character.)
Favorite Genre: (Your favorite genre of movie/tv show/game/book ect.)

So yeah. Fill out an application, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I'm not exactly sure when I'm going to close the ad, but it's going to be a week at the very least.

Game Description:

DescriptionMetatron, the city in the center of the multiverse. Founded by time-travelers who tried to visit the end of universe, the once lonely settlement has grown into a glistening metropolis thanks to a steady stream of dimentional outcasts.

It is said that here, dreams come true... but then again, so do nightmares.

For even now, The Void King builds his forces in preparation for the day that he reduices the city to oblivion...

...But I wouldn't worry about that, beacuse it's HYPERBOWL THURSDAY, the Australian-rules Omniball championship! Tonight, The Apature Science Astronomers are facing off the The Abstergo Paladins in the GREATEST GAME EVER! Yes sir-ree, break out the six-pack and chips, beacuse this looks like it's going to be a game to remember!

Here come the teams now! Oh wow, I haven't seen the Paladins make such a grand opening since '93! After all, those solid-gold Lamborghinis have got to be expensive. It guess they saved a ton of money on this sort of thing seeing how they won all of their games by default this season. I mean, what are the odds that every single team they played against had to drop out beacuse their players all caught a case of acute decapationitis?

And now comes the Philosophers! And boy can they put on a show! You might not be able to see them folks, but they're doing the dance from "Remember the Titans", and man do they know how to boogie! Apparently Apature spent seven trillion dollars cloneing Boaz Yakin just so he could teach them how to do the dance properly. Say, is it just me or is that blimp hanging a little low? Ah, never mind, it's time for the fireworks, courtesy of Abstergo! You have got to be there, folks, it really doesn't get any better than-

What the? Oh my god, it's on fire! It's falling! It' looks like it's heading right twoarsds the- oh the humanity! The Philosphers have all been killed in a firey explosion! Oh this looks like the end, folks! I can't bare to look any-

Wait, hold on... I've been given an update... Apature Science has just made a statement saying "The game must go on", and that they'd be willing to pay 60 dollars to anyone craz- I mean, BRAVE enough to step in for the missing players. I... can't really think of anyone who'd be that desperate, but hey, who knows? In any case, we'll be back after these messages.

MWAS is a crossover RPG running on Wushu, a free game system that rewards descriptive narration. The twist is that players have to be a character that they've played as in another RPG.

This sounds incredibly silly, but also incredibly awesome. And dude, I love that prinny avatar. XD

Let me read up on the setting, and get back to you.

This looks to be interesting, and I like the rules. I have several possible characters, and one seems to fit this quite well. The only problem is that the game he is from is still going, so it isn't so much of "have played" as "am playing". Hopefully it will still count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Let me read up on the setting, and get back to you.
At the moment, there really isn't anything more to the setting than what I've written just now. I might add a bit more later, though, just to explain why people from all these setting have ended up in this crazy dimention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM020110
The only problem is that the game he is from is still going, so it isn't so much of "have played" as "am playing". Hopefully it will still count.
Yes, it still counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM020110
Traits:
magic
Manipulate Reality 5, Intellect 5, Physical activity 1, Everything Else 2
Since you have 5 points to spend and all traits start at 2, you could only have one of those traits at 5. The other would have to be a 4.

That is quite clear to me now that I am not sleep-applying. I'll go ahead and do a general edit for coherence. Thank you.

Think I got just the right character for this sort of thing. Without having looked over the system, would you say it would a support a butterfly magical girl?

Being a cinematic system, Wushu can literally support any character type as long as you can name "traits" that he or she has. So, um, yes.

Excellent. I was asking because she had some pretty unique spell tricks, but if you say it should work it's worth a try. I'll see about getting an application up later today!

Ah, nevermind, missed that in the intro. I've got an assassin dwarf and Warlock who only uses Detect Hidden Doors that I might break out, but if I dont apply I'll definitely have to read this once it starts.