Posting Conventions

Posting Conventions

Posting conventions for general posting and combat are to be defined in this thread.

OOC Posting

Nothing special needed, just be careful to observe the guidelines established for the site and the global rules for making a post, that way we don't get in trouble

The only 'special' rule is when posting OOC content in an game or IC thread, please make use of a spoiler tag to separate from the actual gaming post, like the following:

Preferably within the 'Actions' spoiler (more on that later)

Posting frecuency

Out of combat I expect at least IC one post per day, when in combat this amount could increment to more depending on available time.

I expect this amount of posting without counting OOC or misc posts, please post often even if just to say hi, joke or relate some news. Not that I gain anything from you posting frequently, but it helps the game stay alive. Don't wait for someone else to post, post first and someone will/should follow.

I prefer the frequent, nagging, pushy poster over the silent lurker

Weekends are the exception, no posting required but welcomed.

IC Post example

Dirk turns his head to the others exclaiming "Did I say something wrong? ...talk about craaazy"

As he focuses back on the fight at hand - since he could only assume that madman was preparing something nasty for them, Dirk added "Very well then, let's do this"

Thinking Hope everyone likes my new tune! Dirk starts to sing as he moves into battle:

"Risin' up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive"

IC Post example - source

[fieldset="[IMG]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5053/dirk.png[/IMG]"]
Dirk turns his head to the others exclaiming [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"Did I say something wrong? ...talk about craaazy"[/COLOR][/B]

As he focuses back on the fight at hand - since he could only assume that madman was preparing something nasty for them, Dirk added [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"Very well then, let's do this"[/COLOR][/B]

Thinking [I][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Hope everyone likes my new tune! [/COLOR][/I]Dirk starts to sing as he moves into battle:
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Century Gothic"][I]
"Risin' up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive"[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[spoiler=Actions]
Standard: Start Bardic performance
Move: to B7

The first one to guess the song gets a gift! :gift:
[/spoiler]
[statblock=spoiler][/statblock]
[/fieldset]

IC Post example - explanation

The entirety of the IC post is enclosed in a frame tag, which carries the token or representation of your PC. You can make one or I can give you one using the image from your PC application.

You must select a color for PC speech, quoted and bold represent what your character says, Italics represent what your character thinks, no font type is necessary.

Long winded IC posts are not a requirement, character development takes several posts to do. Simple and to the point is preferred, but simple does not mean half a line of text.

Flair and descriptive notes are appreciated when posting

A spoiler tag labeled Actions is required to explain in game terms what your character is attempting to do, it also serves as a place to post OOC comments.

The statblock only works if your sheet is attached to the game, don't forget to do so - and to keep it up to date.

I understand that all this may be a drag, but it helps to have committed players and gives a nice aesthetic look for all of us to enjoy, after the first post it's just a matter of copying and pasting while updating the content anyway, so in reality the extra work in my opinion is negligible.

Dice Rolls

Feel free to use either dice or roll tags, it's better if you mix them with the description of the action if it applies to the wording, if not, it's ok if you add them in the 'Actions' spoiler tag.

Be careful when editing your posts, remember that rolls cannot be edited (or anything above it) or Mythweavers will show a warning that the roll has been modified.

I will do most passive rolls (Initiative, Perception, etc) when they apply, if you want to specifically roll you can do so as well, but remember that when doing so it counts as an active roll and that it takes the appropriate time to do the action. If you prefer to roll, you can do so in advance and I will pick up your result when determining success or failure for the task at hand.

I don't necessarily show the result of every roll, but most of them will be shown.

The following example show a IC combat post, notice that the title of the post contains the current round and the PC name, this helps me keep track of round to round actions and would appreciate it if all combat posts had this form of title.

4 - Dirk

Grimacing in pain Dirk was brought down on one knee as the creature circled around him, at least he wasn't facing the creature alone... grateful as he is, Dirk was starting to miss - even if it had only been once - his flanking interactions with Maeve.

Dirk managed to stand and take a wild
Dice Roll: 1d20+2 1d6+1
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 19)
d6 Results: 2 (Total = 3)
swing at the Morlock drawing some blood. Dirk edged back from the fierce creature trying to assemble some form of defense.