Leonard McKinsey

Leonard McKinsey

Please post your char here, this will be the place to discuss it and it's development.

This is the application for Leonard McKinsey.

Base Character: I"m not sure if Computer Hacking is legit for this campaign. Computer Programming (AI) definitely is not though, since we don't have real AI yet. Also not sure if you can count younger siblings as dependents, but I guess that's a Krys question.

Powers: In general, don't be afraid to slap power modifiers on your superhuman abilities. Super/Psionic is the most likely, and it represents vulnerability to "anti-powers" and weird science power blockers.

You can't stack DR and DR (Tough Skin) like that. Pick one or the other. Just for the record: You're basically invulnerable to assault rifles (and anything smaller) right now. Sniper rifles and explosives can skill kill you.

I'd try to jump up to ST 36 (or lifting ST 36), which is the suggested number for people looking to hoist small cars over their heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connington View Post
You can't stack DR and DR (Tough Skin) like that. Pick one or the other. Just for the record: You're basically invulnerable to assault rifles (and anything smaller) right now. Sniper rifles and explosives can skill kill you.
Actually you can, but I'll write somethiong to DR, as he isn't the only one with problems with DR. ^^

I edited the 'super powers' template for the changes. I attach the gct file in case I made errors while editing.

-Dr 10 is a force field with cost fatigue limitaton.
- removed psychic talent, less resistant, supers modifier on invisibility, in order to have a str +22 (makes it to str 36).

The computer programming (AI) was meant to be for developing AI-techniques in his botnet. I meant the AI techniques at TL8. Not sure if that's not possible.

In general, the computer wizard skill is pretty expensive (10cp per level). I was wondering if it could be made cheaper or allow for instance, cryptography of mathematics (computer) in it. After all, not all skills in that talent exist.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cyberwarrior.gct.zip (2.2 KB, 0 views)

Actually Computer Hacking isn't allowed in this setting. Programming (AI) is TL9+, so out as well (for now). If you insist on Computer Wizard, give me an example of that talent with max 6 skills, and if it's ok you can get it for 5 CP/level. Please remember that I told you that there aren't many uses for computers in this setting though.

Also, costs fatigue is 10% per FP. And I ask you to read the description of that kimitation carefully. It's EVIL.

What you should think about: are you fine with a char that basically can throw small cars can withstand quite some damage ... but that's it? He basically is a small HULK, so if that's what you want to play, then it's fine.

You could do quite some more if you worked more with temporary disadvantages. ^^ Or super disads, maybe even a second form.

Switching to a slightly stupid green huge guy with bad breath ... can be cheaper than you think.

He is a small hulk who can heal and turn invisible (and is good with computers). This is my first super game, so I thought I take it easy with the powers. I was thinking about alternate forms as well, but I thought one of his powers is to be invisible sneak behind the guard and strangle him. I'll check temporary disadvantages (Is it in the basic set?). I was more inspired by Beast (X-men) than by the Hulk

I'll make a revised version of Leonard tomorrow. I am aware of the lack of computers in the setting although it makes me curious to the why. Still programming wizard is part of Leonard character concept so I would like to keep it.

Nothing wrong with an hulk, just wanted to make sure. Temporary disadvantages you find on page B115.

Concerning sneaking up invisible: nothing wrong with that. You might even take two forms, one sneaky light one, and one beasty one (basically a cat and a bear from WoW), and morph while behind the enemy. I'd strongly recommend to add reduced time and probably reflexive on the shapeshifting for that purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krys View Post
Concerning sneaking up invisible: nothing wrong with that. You might even take two forms, one sneaky light one, and one beasty one (basically a cat and a bear from WoW), and morph while behind the enemy. I'd strongly recommend to add reduced time and probably reflexive on the shapeshifting for that purpose.
Check out Rose for something in much the same vein; the big brick and the sneaky scout as two alternate forms.