Kris Shaodan

*nod* what do you think about snatcher with the explanation I gave? It basically replaces Wild talent (with retention) [25] by getting me the books, a pletoria of tools (20?], and several Gizmos. And of course the possibility to get blueprints and a working prototype of almost any small invention I'm ever going to make. Worth it at [72]?

As far as learning goes, I'd say no, full stop. Learning new skills and advantages in a third of the time it takes everyone else is muchkiny in the extreme. You can however apply your speed to Research rolls and the like.

And yeah, snatcher is worth it. But I would disallow attempts to snatch blue prints for unique inventions. Blueprints for computers are okay (even nice computers). Blueprints for TL9 super computers are out.

*nod* Actually it would even be a 5th of the time with ATR 2. ^^ So maybe use the 40 CP for something else, to speed up learning. Hmm, 12 CP for increasing from -4 hrs sleep to doesn't sleep? Get's another 4 hrs to the day. Also raising IQ ... wait I always payed full IQ, including will and perception.

That is a possibility without ATR, just by not raising Will and Per above 20.

IQ+4 [80]
IQ!+10 (genius -10%, super attributes +25%) [113]

Doesn't Sleep (genius -10%) [+10]
Enhanced Time Sense (genius -10%) [41]
Intuitive Mathematician [5]
Photographic Memory (genius -10%) [+4]
Quick Gadgeteer (genius -10%) [45]
Snatcher (genius -10%) [72]
Super Luck (genius -10%) [+75]
Visualization (Reduced Time 7 +140%, genius -10%) [22]

[466]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connington View Post
And yeah, snatcher is worth it. But I would disallow attempts to snatch blue prints for unique inventions. Blueprints for computers are okay (even nice computers). Blueprints for TL9 super computers are out.
Oh I was more thinking about the blueprints for TL 9-12 common household computers. Basically to improve her own TL. And then use that knowledge for her very own supercomputers.

Also, what kind of power talent (if any) would fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krys View Post
Oh I was more thinking about the blueprints for TL 9-12 common household computers. Basically to improve her own TL. And then use that knowledge for her very own supercomputers.
Still not going to fly. The rules for snatching information explicitly limit you to information sources that are commonly available in your own world. As RPK put it, "it's not intended as a divination tool". So ultra-tech blue prints are out, but you can still snatch blue-prints for common stuff, which makes it easy to "re-invent" anything you need on the fly.

You might want to spend your free points on something like inspired Intuition or Oracle (Digital), maybe with a Link.

EDIT: Can't see any plausible pre-existing powers, but it all looks narrow enough to qualify as a Genius power.

Quote:
IQ+4 [80]
IQ!+10 (super attributes +25%, genius -10%) [113]

Doesn't Sleep (super -5%) [+11]
Enhanced Time Sense (genius -10%) [41]
Genius Talent 4 [20]
Intuition (Inspired +100%, genius -10%) [27]
Intuitive Mathematician [5]
Photographic Memory (genius -10%) [+4]
Quick Gadgeteer (genius -10%) [45]
Snatcher (genius -10%, takes recharge 15 sec, -20%) [56]
Super Luck (super -5%) [+80]
Visualization (Reduced Time 7 +140%, genius -10%) [22]
Compulsive Gadgeteering (SC 12) [-5]
[498]
OK, looks good like this? 3 CP above the limit, so what to cut/limit?

You could drop the Inspired aspect of Intuition, and/or add some level of preparation required or extra time to Snatcher.

Also, the Genius talent and power modifier have probably been a little over applied. They don't work for Doesn't Sleep, Snatcher, and Super Luck. I'd probably call Doesn't Sleep and Super Luck abilities with the Super PM, and let Snatcher qualify for the PM but not the Talent. Does that make sense?

OK, added takes recharge 15 sec (-20%) to snatcher.

Thinking about some crazy nuisance effects. How would you price the illusion (including sound) of a pair of pink dice above her head whenever she uses super luck? Btw, she rather strongly dislikes pink.

Also, some "super disads might work. Any ideas that I might have overlooked?