Myth-Weavers Pathfinder Society Boards

Off limits to ritual sacrifice, apart from that, Dirk's open for business

About time frame, thinking out loud...

Our Venture-Captain (Chemalle) will commit after Gen Con. Forum creation and layout should be done this week, maybe during part of next.

A general game ad inviting to the PFS should go live next week at the most, I count 5 potential GMs so that should be 5 games at the start of the society if all goes well, which is enough for the 24 prospective players as of now. The ad may bring more prospective players and GMs.

From then those 5 games need a subthread for their particular posts and game details which should not take long. I would guess that ze gaming shouldz beginz at the endz of next veek or the start of the otherz ~adjusts monocle

Sounds good. I look forward to helping this get off the ground. Pathfinder needs more visibility on the boards.

I am so excited to get this all going and poor Dirk it wasn't totally his fault . . . you know beyond waking up and insulting the sinister bad guy :P

Are the pathfinder society adventures available to start perusing? As a potential GM, I'd be interested in getting familiar with the adventure(s) and preparing PbP resources (maps, pictures, ect.)

I concur with Magent on the general time frame. It's just bad timing that I'm going to Gen Con this week, and that this week is when everyone is raring to start this experiment. I promise, though, that if everyone can be patient until I get back from Indianapolis on Tuesday, that the whole experience will be much more organized, efficient, and clean (than if I was slapping something together between live gaming at Gen Con).

In the meantime, however, there's still plenty you (as a player) can do. First, make sure you read the Guide that was just released today cover to cover. Join Paizo and get yourself a Pathfinder Society number. Make a couple of PFS legal PCs. If you're not too familiar with the system as a whole, read d20pfsrd.com. Read the threads from my previous PFS game (linked earlier) to get a feel for how a scenario flows.

I'll be back in a week to set everything up all nice and pretty. And I'll try to pop in when I have spare time at Gen Con, so if you have any questions, PM me or ask here in this thread, where Magent and a dozen others will probably be able to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Melee View Post
Are the pathfinder society adventures available to start perusing? As a potential GM, I'd be interested in getting familiar with the adventure(s) and preparing PbP resources (maps, pictures, ect.)
Melee, the scenarios are available as PDFs on Paizo's site. Because of the different level tiers and the overarching metaplot of PFS, though, I have to give final permission to a GM to run a specific scenario. I will outline the nitty-gritty of this when I return. For now, suffice to say that you should not get your heart set on running one particular scenario.

Actually, a bit of delay is probably okay. Some will lose motivation or forget, and figuring that out early might not be a bad thing.

Understood.

Also we might want to see what scenarios others have. I would not mind Gming now and then myself, but I would not want to buy scenarios others already have. It would also allow us to have a bigger pool to drawl from.

If someone can explain to me the differences between 3.5e and Pathfinder, I might be able to run something. I see classes, skills, races and poisons are all a little different, but for the most part it seems identical.