Darkwave Tales: High Tide

Old Aug 8 '11, 10:07pm
Great Wyrm

Darkwave Tales: High Tide

Darkwave Tales: High Tide - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion
Ad Closes: Aug 12 '11
Estimated Members Requested: 5

The Sea Breeze has been your home, life, and livelihood. An aging merchantman, she's been plying the seas for nearly a century, slowly growing the family wealth and prestige of her owners as ownership and management has been passed from parent to child. Even some of her crew, including her captain, are generational. And now she's gone, stolen by the new first mate and his cronies, her captain dead, and her crew cast adrift in the ocean with little hope for rescue.

The request for a survival-based game has been bandied about, so here you are. The initial part (at least) is going to be a bit different, there is no gear, no gold, and no civilization as you know it. Now before you go and roll up the super-wilds characters you should know that there will be urban occasions further down the road, and much of the campaign will take place on the water. So without further ado, here are the crunchy bits:
  • 20 Point Buy
  • Official Pathfinder Sources (Core, APG, UM, UC, etc.)
  • Dreamscarred Press Pathfinder Psionics
  • Core and Dreamscarred races only
  • No starting gold, no starting gear (muahahaha)
  • Full HP at first level, 1/2+1 base each subsequent level. Example, 1d6 = 4hp, 1d8 = 5hp
  • 1 Trait, 1 Campaign Trait
  • Non-evil

Create a new thread with your character name in the applications folder and please use the application template as a guide for posting your character. A completed sheet is not required, but is highly recommended.

I like to see at least 1 post a day, but life does happen. If there are more 2 days between postings be aware that the game will continue moving along. This takes place on Golarion, so all the standard Pathfinder deities apply.

Game Description:

The Sea Breeze has been your home, life, and livelihood for some time now. You know her crew, her secrets, her quirks, and her whims as well as anyone. But now she's in the hands of someone else. It's time to get her back!

PFS #58709:#1 Vadim
Not sure if the puns are intended, Sintaqx, but if you're going to give the Gunslinger "a shot" and you're on the "fence" about the Corsair, then I'm going to have to "float" an app for this game . . . Maybe something psionic . . .

I love to weave puns into my speech, drives my co-workers nuts. As to whether or not they are intentional.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaqo View Post
Not sure if the puns are intended, Sintaqx, but if you're going to give the Gunslinger "a shot" and you're on the "fence" about the Corsair, then I'm going to have to "float" an app for this game . . . Maybe something psionic . . .
Shouldn’t that be something psionic, if you don't mind...

I believe a summoner could be useful at sea. I'll get to work on an app.

I'll be putting together the crew and sending out invitations tomorrow. If you've got a last minute app, now's the time to get it in. Selection is going to be tough, there's so many fantastic ideas that have been submitted.