Fate Apocrypha: War for the Holy Grail

Old Aug 13 '11, 1:31pm
Young Adult Dragon

Fate Apocrypha: War for the Holy Grail

Fate Apocrypha: War for the Holy Grail - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds 2e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Greetings to the people on the Weave. I've decided to run a Fate Stay Night game using Mutants and Masterminds 2e. However, with be being relatively new to both the system I'm using and Game Mastering, do forgive me for my mistakes. I'm also looking for someone who's experienced in the system to help me out here; doesn't matter if a player, reader, or Co-GM since help is help.

Since I have yet to decide how much background material I will be using, see this thread and make a vote. Depending on the results of this vote, I may allow players to control a Master Servant pair instead of teaming up with a fellow player. Though, I would prefer people teaming up to make pairs

Here's the character thread where information on character creation and house rules are placed, and where you will make the thread for your character. Ask your questions in the thread here or here.

Looking forward to your applications.

DEADLINE: September 16, 2011.

Game Description:

Let me tell a tale of might and magic, of blood and death, and of betrayal and treachery,. A tale where there is nothing but the lamentations of the innocent dead, they who cry out at the injustice of their sacrifice all for the sake of the the perverse desires of men. Listen and listen well, for this is a tale of senselessness and despair.

The scion of puppets sought a lost miracle. The scion of failures sought knowledge. The scion of worms sought the goals of the beloved. Under the guidance of the Kaleidoscope, the three formed a pact and created the ritual to open the door to the Root of the World. The Failure provided the killing fields, the Worm provided the soldiers, and the puppet sacrificed herself to power the ritual. Thus the Wars began for the single wish granted by the Cup of Heaven.

The First War came to pass. The sacrifice of the Saint of Winter was in vain, and the worm lamented. Knowledge sought was for naught. There was no victor, only the defeated and the dead. And so War began anew.

The Second War came to pass. The sacrifice of the Saint of Winter was in vain, and the worm broke and sought eternal life. Knowledge sought was for naught. There was no victor, only the defeated and the dead. And so War began anew.

The Third War came to pass. The family of puppets summoned the greatest evil all for naught. The sacrifice of the Saint of Winter was in vain, and the Saint was defiled. The worm, in the grip of madness, decayed as he sought eternal life. The family of failures elevated themselves to honor and prestige, yet remained failures. Knowledge sought was for naught. There was no victor, only the defeated and the dead. And so War began anew.

The Fourth War came to pass. The defiled saint called to the dark and the fallen, and they in turn answered. The worm, in the grip of madness, decayed as he sought eternal life. Failure remains a failure. Knowledge sought was for naught. Hell descended upon the Earth, scarring the land with tainted powers. There was no victor, only the defeated and the dead. And so War began anew.

Now comes the Fifth War. Shall the Saint remained defiled? Shall the decayed worm remain in the grip of madness? Shall the failure remain a failure? Shall knowledge sought be for naught? Shall there be now a victor, standing upon the mountain of corpses of the defeated and the dead? Or shall the War be doomed to repeat history again? And so the War begins anew.

Last edited by Catharsis; Sep 2 '11 at 3:11pm..
Well, I answered the Game Planning stage so I'll say I'm interested.

Hmm...tentative interest. Schedule's pretty busy ATM, but I think I have the space to slot this little cookie in. Vote cast, too, BTW.

Likewise with Komm,

I think you have me to stay as well :P. *points to Avatar + Game History*

Nasu y u steal my soul so well!

Announcement

Voting for the status of the prequel will end on Monday, August 22, 2011, 2100 +8 GMT. Due dates for applications have yet to be decided.

Vote casted! Defenitely interested...

Can we use Servants that have appeared in a Nasuverse work? Not necessarily appeared in the main series (Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night, and I wouldn't do Avenger anyway), but in one of the supplementary works (Fate/Extra's the one I'm interested in).

Edited deadline for clarity.

You can. You also might want to look at the Fate Apocrypha characters.