Notices

The Many Tales of Blackjack: Triumvirate

"Given that I think I sprained something carrying around the old books, I am not going to complain." Whim said, looking at the couch and deciding that there wasn't nearly enough room, and so sat on the floor instead, resting her head against the side of the couch, near Erin and Sergei.

"I suspect that Nicole found the Libertines a bit too easy-going for her tastes." Seventeen said mildly. "Our luck we found her before the Talbots did, really. Or the Kindred."

"The Kindred don't need to be more organized," Erin sniffed, rather biased. "I hope you still think you're lucky when she's trying to get everyone to change everything. But I'm glad you are getting along well with her."

Maybe next time Seventeen got swarmed by angry mage women he could sic Chavez on them to shape up their factions, she mused. Out of an idle curiosity, she attempted to prod Seventeen's mind a few times, looking for anything nice that might be on his mind.

Dice Roll: 8d10s8e
d10 Results: 5, 1, 6, 3, 2, 8, 3, 1 (Total Successes = 1)
Cupid's Eye (desire not currently at forefront of mind)

"I never said what kind of luck." Seventeen said, grinning. "In any case, I have an inherent talent at distracting pretty women."

"Uh-huh." Whim said, giving a rather unlady-like snort. "That's why Athena and the Talbots love you so much."

"Silence, you." Seventeen retorted. "Still, Chavez should be a helpful addition to the Order, and she's being relatively gentle in her suggestions, out of consideration for our easily-bruised egos."

She's a quick learner, Erin thought. "That's good," Erin said.

"But hey, Mrs. Tait isn't going to work all night slaving away for us instead of enjoying herself, is she?" Erin asked, in another demonstration of grade-A hypocrisy.