Notices

The Many Tales of Blackjack: Triumvirate

"Erin, telling is the point." Whim said, sticking her tongue out as best she could while still keeping her eyes on the road. "Honestly..."

"You went over to cook him dinner. Gotcha." Whim said, grinning broadly as Erin melted into starry-eyed wistfulness. This promised to be romantic. "Then what?"

"I thought the pooooint was to get married," Erin said, still starry-eyed, but also a little bit wicked. "And have a perfect, special evening to keep as a secret treasure, just between the pair of you..." Erin sighed, rapidly floating off again on cloud nine.

"Well, he talked me into heading off to a jacuzzi," Erin said, omitting the massaging, or who had been doing the convincing, or who's jacuzzi it had been. "And then we went back to my place, and he said he'd give me a present. And then he proposed."

"You know, DC, I think Erin's got bitten bad by the love-bug." Whim observed, talking to the most sensible person in the car. DC ignored her and kept on sleeping.

"Wait, Rakesh has a jacuzzi at the Russell House? I need to find a reason to hang out there more often. Or did Sergei install one?" Whim said, being relatively good at reading between the lines, at least where questions of romance were concerned. "And what sort of happy hot tub fun did you two have, hmm?"

"Better than being bitten by DC," Erin mumbled to the side, staring out the window.

"Nah," Erin replied, hoping if she brushed past it fast enough Whim wouldn't press on who's it was. "Though I think I'm going to save up and get Seryozha one. And he can't stop me, cuz he's mine now," she replied with a wicked grin. "He'll love it. And it was wonderful..." Erin sighed again. "I didn't stay in too long, because of the wings, but we got to push all the buttons and fiddle with the computers and see what they all did."

Erin grinned far too sincerely at Whim, unaware that this was probably not the kind of happy hot tub fun Whim was looking for.

"I think I'll get you a ham radio set for your wedding present. Endless fun for the whole family." Whim said, altering her mindset gently to reflect the fact that she was dealing with two people who's idea of a fun time was fiddling around with electronics. "Or maybe a RV plane set."

"Okay, so, you went back to his place, then what? Did he just, pop, propose, or did something else happen?"

"We have plenty of those back at the store," Erin said helpfully. "Leftover Christmas giveaways. Seryozha and Mr. Seventeen help me make them! I even include the batteries. This year we had a big model railway, with all the little cars, and I covered it in powdered sugar for the snow."

It was hard to see how Erin's business made any money the way she gave things away, until one recalled it had more to do with GotV slush funds and fae pledges than actual business acumen.

"We taaaalked," Erin said primly, catching on to what Whim was hinting at and not having it. "He told me how beautiful I was, and how much he loved me, and how happy he was." She set her hands on her knees and smiled primly.

Whim rolled her eyes at Erin's enthusiasm for electronics. Unless it made hideous, heart-rending sounds of bass and drums, Whim had a very limited interest in the realms of technology. Still, it was nice to see something that Erin was enthusiastic about that wasn't service.

"So. Did he kiss you?" Whim said, grinning.

"Yeeessss," Erin replied, opening an eye at Whim. "More than once, even," as if to intercept Whim's next question.

"Uh-huh." Whim's smile was getting even wider, though her ability to beam at Erin was sharply limited by the requirement to keep her eyes on the road. Even so, there was a wicked sparkle in her eye. "Did he sleep with you, in the not-actually-sleeping-much sense? Just say yes or no and I'll change the subject, promise."

Erin set her hands on her hips.

"What is it with you guys? You and Heather and Miss Brennan!" she objected, puffing up. "This not ladylike conversation! I don't ask you about what you did with your guy." She sucked her lips together. "I don't think I want to know what Heather is doing."

"Don't make me turn this car around," she threatened, despite being in the passenger seat.