Notices

[DISCUSSION/HELP] GMing PFS

Magent, sorry about the delay. Myth Weavers was inaccessible for much of the day.

First thing: conduct all business concerning chronicle sheets in the Bookkeeping thread in your forum. Read over the rules for filling out a chronicle sheet in the Guide to Organized Play again, just to make sure you have everything in order.

Ask your players whether they want to be on the slow or fast XP track, but recommend strongly that they choose the fast track, since PbP is slow enough anyway.

Your event code is 8292. The event name should be MW PbP. When you and your players have all chronicle sheets filled out to your satisfaction, contact me again via PM. I'll need to know the following info for each player:

- Username they use on paizo.com, not Myth Weavers
- PFS Number
- Character name
- Character faction
- XP awarded
- Fame/PP awarded

I'll need all that to report the session accurately to Paizo. Speaking of which, all official reporting should only be done by me.

Lastly, you need to let me know which character you want to apply your GM credit to. That means I need your paizo.com username, PFS number, character name, and faction.

Any other questions, PM me!

As for continuing on with the First Steps series, you'll have to put up a muster like normal. Your players from the previous scenario can muster just like everybody else, of course. In your description of the scenario, though, you must highlight that only players who have completed Part 1 of the series may muster for Part 2. This is actually an official rule from Paizo pertaining to this particular series. Therefore, any player who can provide you with proof of a chronicle sheet from Part 1 can muster. They may have acquired it from a convention or home game, for instance. I have a feeling, though, that the only members here on Myth Weavers who can meet that prereq will be your players from Part 1.

Just make sure you bold, enlarge, underline, whatever to highlight the prereq. We want to stave off a a wave of premature applicants.

I have a question,

So I have my character Dirk, who played one scenario (Delerium's Tangle) I got my chronicle sheet and all. Then I GMed FS1 and applied credit to him.

Question is how do you apply the GM credit, what does that actually... do? I get XP, PP? gold? not sure if I should do something to Dirk before jumping him into another scenario.

I have a question,

So I have my character Dirk, who played one scenario (Delerium's Tangle) I got my chronicle sheet and all. Then I GMed FS1 and applied credit to him.

Question is how do you apply the GM credit, what does that actually... do? I get XP, PP? gold? not sure if I should do something to Dirk before jumping him into another scenario.

You get 1 XP, 2 Fame & Prestige, and max gold for that scenario.

You do not get any special boons that might be on the chronicle sheet.

Note that since FS are tier 1 only, you can only apply GM credit from those scenarios to characters at level 1.
(So if Dirk gets to level two, you'll have to apply your GM credit to a different character)

Ah, so then I get the max gold mentioned in that scenario + the 2PP? sweet!

You get a new level when reaching 3 xp right?

Edit: what is the difference between fame and pp? are they two separate things? if I use pp my fame reduces?