Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!


New pathfinder sheet

   
Is there a reason the character sheet has action points on it? My understanding the pathfinder doesn't use that mechanic?

I remember mentioning the action points field to someone before. It wasn't considered terribly important at the time and that seems to have been borne out in practice as this is the first time anyone has raised it. I've changed the label but changing the field tooltip is a bit harder. Therefore id'd just like a couple more people to confirm this is what the Action Points field should be named.

Dodge autocalc. I've changed the autoclac so that Touch calculation now includes dodge bonuses. However,touch is used to calculate CMD - so why in all this time has nobody ever pointed out that CMD was wrong. Or is CMD calculated wrongly now with the changes to dodge/touch?

Few other things I noticed is that the speed field is sort of free form. Might be worth changing it to reflect the actual parameters used on the base character sheet? Base, W/ Armor (included on armor entries of this sheet?), Fly, Swim, Climb and Burrow.

Also I'm fairly new to the Pathfinder system but a quick keyword search for FCMD and a peak at my books leaves me wondering what this is for? The actual Pathfinder sheet doesn't use a term FCMD but rather CMD and CMB.

Lastly it seems limited to auto calculating AC based off a character only using a single armor and shield? The regular default character sheet for Pathfinder calls this "AC Items" and supports 5 different items.

Food for thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzeos View Post
Also I'm fairly new to the Pathfinder system but a quick keyword search for FCMD and a peak at my books leaves me wondering what this is for? The actual Pathfinder sheet doesn't use a term FCMD but rather CMD and CMB.
Flat-Footed CMD - but obviously that string doesn't all fit so it's located directly below Flat Footed. I'll see what I can do about the tooltip.


Quote:
Originally Posted by inzeos View Post
Few other things I noticed is that the speed field is sort of free form. Might be worth changing it to reflect the actual parameters used on the base character sheet? Base, W/ Armor (included on armor entries of this sheet?), Fly, Swim, Climb and Burrow.
I don't really see what you're asking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzeos View Post
Lastly it seems limited to auto calculating AC based off a character only using a single armor and shield? The regular default character sheet for Pathfinder calls this "AC Items" and supports 5 different items.
You can only wear one of each at a time. What do people want here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugsy View Post
I don't really see what you're asking for.
I think what is being asked for is simply a more robust field for speed that can better display multiple movement types, or various things that would change your movement (such as noting your base speed, but also your speed as affected by your armor type.) I've noticed that the speed field is kinda small and insufficient when you've got a character that has more than one movement type- writing in your land speed and your fly speed and your maneuverability gets kinda cramped at best.

Quote:
You can only wear one of each at a time. What do people want here?
Well, some people might use such slots for other armor enhancing items, like rings of deflection, amulets of natural armor, and so on. I've always been fine just writing that down on the other possessions portion of my sheet, myself, but I can see why other people might want more slots.


If you were to implement such changes (they don't seem like a massive priority or necessity to me though), you might consider altering the 3.5 D&D sheets as well, as all that could apply to them just as easily.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us