Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

New pathfinder sheet

Alright, I too was facing the same issues that Kalla was while using Firefox. Skills and other areas not auto-calculating the way they should, despite putting in all the proper data. I tried adding myth-weavers.com as an exception to the pop-up blockers, clearing the cache and otherwise pulling my hair out at all of it not fixing anything.

Here is what you should try next:
Go to the Firefox website and check to see if you are using the most up to date version. I was using 3.x.x and even with clicking the check for updates it told me my Firefox was up to date. Currently its version is 7.x.x After updating and installing that new version everything works as it should. Thanks Kalla for that bit of helpful information!

hi, folk. the info may be somewhere in the forum (or not?), but how do i enter crit range (15-20 -- exactly like that? or 15, or 15 - 20? or what?) and multiples (*2? x2? 2? how?), and do the numbers take effect in the weapon attack dice roll?

thx in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugsy View Post
Crits can't be sheetrolled if that is the question.
in essense, yes.

so, i guess it doesnt matter how i enter the numbers. thx

Hi,

Thanks for the PF character sheet. I have been using the 3.5 one for a long time, and I'm so glad to get a PF one finally!

I only have one issue at the moment. ACP doesn't work for a particular character sheet. If I create a new one, it uses the ACP as expected, calculating the net skill bonus. For this particular sheet I can not get it to work no matter what I do. I have checked and unchecked the "worn" checkbox, for both shield and armor, but no luck.

I'm wondering if you have any idea? I use Chrome, but I tried IE and have the same issue there. The sheet is here:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=336241

It was uploaded by 1) creating a new PF sheet, 2) downloading a 3.5 sheet and saving to disk, 3) uploading the saved sheet into the PF sheet, 3) manually switching all the CS because it is CC in 3.5 and means the opposite. There were also a few fields that were downloaded but not uploaded (most of the larger text fields at the bottom of the sheet), so I cut and pasted those. One of those was actually half there. I don't know if that matters, but perhaps the xml got cut off or something during upload?

I actually tried this whole procedure a few weeks back with a different base PF sheet (but the same 3.5 sheet) and I saw the same thing then.

NOt sure exactly what you're doing but none of the ACP fields for the linked sheet have a value other than zero. If I change any of the ACP fields to 1 or 2 then the values get added as expected once I leave the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noozoo View Post
...Thanks for the PF character sheet. I have been using the 3.5 one for a long time, and I'm so glad to get a PF one finally!...
fyi: (and this may have to be confirmed) i noticed your skills are entered with lots of annotations.

for the sheetroll tag when used, it will not see any of the annotation and will consider that skill missing. you may only have simple words in there (e.g. knowledge arcana; craft alchemy) with no other character types (that i know of) except alpha(numeric?) and spaces.

my players had colons (e.g. knowledge: arcana); sheetroll tag failed to recognize colons and errors out saying skill doesn't exist.

also sheetroll takes only the first bonus in weapon attacks, so "+10,+5 [+9,+4]" the +10 is only calculated. everything else after that doesn't matter, unless syntaxed properly:

Quote:
(from mw wiki) An attack with a weapon, w. You also need to specify which weapon slot number, (1, 2, or 3), and whether the attack is a standard attack, s, or a full attack, f. For full attacks to work properly, the attack values must be separated by slashes, like: 12/7. It also rolls damage for you.

Example 1: w1s ... means... "a standard attack with weapon 1."
Example 2: w2f ... means ... "a full attack with weapon 2."

hi, folks.

i am getting this message a lot when using the sheetroll tag, especially retrofit into older posts (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't):

"Perception You have chosen character number 2 out of a possible 1"

there are 9 pcs and npcs.

any idea? bug? glitch? is there a method to this madness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahltwo View Post
i am getting this message a lot when using the sheetroll tag,

"Perception You have chosen character number 2 out of a possible 1"

there are 9 pcs and npcs.
Any links to a post where this happens ? The thread you linked contains one such post but that's all I could find poking around.
And that post is from a player, yet uses CharacterNumber in the sheetroll tag... (see below)

Quote:
especially retrofit into older posts (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't):
With 'retrofit into older posts', you mean you (as GM) editing sheetroll into player's posts ?

That... might cause problems; a player only has (number of charactersheets he owns added to the game) legit sheetroll options (usually one) while the GM has (number of charactersheets in the game) legit sheetroll options.

If you - as GM - edit a sheetroll into a player's post, there's probably a conflict between post ownership (which belongs to the player) and GM-sheetroll command, which likely results in the error message you reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
...With 'retrofit into older posts', you mean you (as GM) editing sheetroll into player's posts ?

That... might cause problems; a player only has (number of charactersheets he owns added to the game) legit sheetroll options (usually one) while the GM has (number of charactersheets in the game) legit sheetroll options.

If you - as GM - edit a sheetroll into a player's post, there's probably a conflict between post ownership (which belongs to the player) and GM-sheetroll command, which likely results in the error message you reported.
ah, of course! that makes a whole lot of sense. i will keep that in mind and see if i can repeat the error, then i will know for sure that's the problem. thx!

yes, you're correct in interpreting "retrofit" -- that player's post was my helping him insert his own roll. so... he would be sheet no. 1 if he does the sheetroll in his own post then? if this is true, than it makes sense. he had "1" and i changed it to "9" since his pc sheet no. is 9 on my roster of pcs/npcs. i bet if i change it back to "1" it will work for him in his own post!

thx again.