Skyscribing

No problem! I've already dismissed the idea, for the reasons stated above.

Naturax, not at all. I think the problem with our discrepancy on the idea is the fact that you're going by the cards themselves as well, whilst I'm a little lost in the lists, and thus sticking pretty much to the articles, which're less specific.

My main point is that I don't think they'd have problems chasing us through the Undercity on foot. They're about the cession of life, and the power of death (via necromancy). Predator vs Prey and all that. I'd have said the places that function essentially as one long tunnel network should be a place they'd be comfortable chasing others, they'd still be in their (metaphorical) element. Does that make sense?

If it comes to it... Personally, I'd put the Undercity down as uncontrolled. There're are a few guilds I can see with some presence and interest in it, Rakdos, Dimir, Golgori (whilst their primary territory may be above ground, with the farms and lifecycle focuses creepy caves with glowing mushrooms fit them pretty well too, no?) Still, if we hand the thing to any single guild, I'd agree with the Dimir (although... aren't they supposed to be almost unknown? How would their control work?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3mentoMori View Post
No problem! I've already dismissed the idea, for the reasons stated above.
Now I'm confused again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moral Wiz View Post
My main point is that I don't think they'd have problems chasing us through the Undercity on foot. They're about the cession of life, and the power of death (via necromancy). Predator vs Prey and all that. I'd have said the places that function essentially as one long tunnel network should be a place they'd be comfortable chasing others, they'd still be in their (metaphorical) element. Does that make sense?
Sure, but agents from any guild could chase anyone through anywhere. I don't think the fact that the Golgari are mobile and might get angry with you is a reason to not take any particular route, since they can follow you in the air, or overland, or wherever. I think you should be more worried about not getting caught.

Quote:
How would their control work?
People who hang out in the Undercity don't come back. Or if they do, they act exactly the same but are actually doppelgangers that are spying on you. Or have been mind controlled. Or have had their memories extracted. Or...

Another way to think about it: House Dimir is winning if no one thinks they control the Undercity.

A question for everyone: do you want me to skip ahead to the next scene (descent into the Undercity), or does anyone have anything they want to discuss in-game right now? I don't want to rush anyone, but if we're done here I'd like to keep things moving.

Like.

Ok, AFAIC, we can skip to the next scene. I'd like to montage through Fey creating her little anti-plague item, but that can wait for then. I was thinking that any of our faster/stealthier members might take the time to do a little reconiscance on foot though, before we go and raid. Get the layout of the area and stuff. Though no one outright voulenteered for that, so I guess possibly that's not happening.

Iptu's question was in response to Fey's plan. Where do they group together before the assault?

Fey's suggestion involves using the river, and then going in via aqueduct. She can direct the group to simply meet her by the side of an appropriate river, and then she'll pick them up one by one, before moving on to the job. Her boat's rather fast, so it shouldn't take too long.

Quote:
I was thinking that any of our faster/stealthier members might take the time to do a little reconiscance on foot though, before we go and raid. Get the layout of the area and stuff. Though no one outright voulenteered for that, so I guess possibly that's not happening.
It honestly doesn't seem very practical to me to go in person into the Swarm's territory, do some recon, and get back in just a few hours.

Everyone else may have other ways of preparing before meeting up with Fey, though. Let me know what you want to get up to, each of you, and I'll roll it into my next post.

Hey guys. Now, while I'm sad I didn't get in (I fell ill around the closing date and didn't get to finish), I'd like to think I'm a good sport.

Now, if, like Mori, you'd like a MtG Card for your character, PM me, and I'll get cracking.

Cheers!

We can go ahead and skip to the next scene if everyone else is done.

On a side note, while waiting for everyone to get ready, Rotnock is going to watch the restaurant from the rooftops and watch the comings and goings. His hope is to maybe learn something about who may have hired them through Serach. If he sees anyone of interest he will tail them for a while to try and figure out who or what they are.