Sliders

Old Aug 27 '11, 10:48pm
Down to the last second...

Sliders

SLIDERS - Forum
D20 Modern
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Introduction:
For some reason or another you have discovered sliding technology, got sucked into a vortex, or simply slipped and fell into an open wormhole. However you discovered sliding now you're in it. Whether your goal is to find your way back home, discover new tech, explore new dimensions or otherwise you've already slid 1d6-1 times (if you roll a 1 then this is your 1st slide).

Once each of you have expressed interest in this game and have come up with the kind of character you want to make then we will figure out what classes you need to build on and we'll hash out the details as to how you've managed to end up with this motley crew of sliders (Of course we can also do this in game since I don't have an issue moving you guys along individually until your paths cross). Now feel free to make your character from another dimension if you'd like. Just present the reality to me and I'll let you know if it's approved (Possible rewards for creativity).

Books: d20 Modern, Future, Past, Cyperscape, Urban Arcana...(pretty much all but Dark Matter).

Players: Constant flow (as in if you start and then leave your character might accidentally slip during a slide while being NPC'd or they might just miss it).

The Current Date Is: March 23rd, 2010
PL: Will vary by character and dimension but current is PL 5.
Gadgets Allowed if you can afford them.

--------------------------------
Now for the CRUNCH

Character Creation:
Character Level: 6

42 Point Buy (Did I mention you all are extraordinary?)

Action Points: Last Three Levels (You've been taking it easy)

HP: Max for Each Level.

Special: Each time you slide there is a chance the rip in dimensions might affect you in a benificial way. The 1st time you slide it will be 5% then it goes up by 3% each time you slide maxing out at 21% (roughly your 7th slide) each time you slide roll 1d100. If the result is less than 21% then we will determine your benefits.

Plot Line Requirements: None.

Other: Some of you will have dimensional machines that will allow you to slide. This will be based upon your backstories so be creative if you want to end up with one or you could just tag along with the rest of the group without one.

------------------------------------

Applications should include your character's:
Name:
Background:

-------------------------------------

Place apps here and then once you're selected (even without an actual character sheet yet) I'll start you off with your own solo thread where we can start the game and hash out the details.

This game can be as serious or as fun as you make it so let's have some fun.

Game Description:

Introduction:
For some reason or another you have discovered sliding technology, got sucked into a vortex, or simply slipped and fell into an open wormhole. However you discovered sliding now you're in it. Whether your goal is to find your way back home, discover new tech, explore new dimensions or otherwise you've already slid 1d6-1 times (if you roll a 1 then this is your 1st slide).

Once each of you have expressed interest in this game and have come up with the kind of character you want to make then we will figure out what classes you need to build on and we'll hash out the details as to how you've managed to end up with this motley crew of sliders (Of course we can also do this in game since I don't have an issue moving you guys along individually until your paths cross). Now feel free to make your character from another dimension if you'd like. Just present the reality to me and I'll let you know if it's approved (Possible rewards for creativity).

Books: d20 Modern, Future, Past, Cyperscape, Urban Arcana...(pretty much all but Dark Matter).

Players: Constant flow (as in if you start and then leave your character might accidentally slip during a slide while being NPC'd or they might just miss it).

The Current Date Is: March 23rd, 2010
PL: Will vary by character and dimension but current is PL 5.
Gadgets Allowed if you can afford them.

--------------------------------
Now for the CRUNCH

Character Creation:
Character Level: 6

42 Point Buy (Did I mention you all are extraordinary?)

Action Points: Last Three Levels (You've been taking it easy)

HP: Max for Each Level.

Special: Each time you slide there is a chance the rip in dimensions might affect you in a benificial way. The 1st time you slide it will be 5% then it goes up by 3% each time you slide maxing out at 21% (roughly your 7th slide) each time you slide roll 1d100. If the result is less than 21% then we will determine your benefits.

Plot Line Requirements: None.

Other: Some of you will have dimensional machines that will allow you to slide. This will be based upon your backstories so be creative if you want to end up with one or you could just tag along with the rest of the group without one.

------------------------------------

Applications should include your character's:
Name:
Background:

Place apps here and then once you're selected (even without an actual character sheet yet) I'll start you off with your own solo thread where we can start the game and hash out the details.

This game can be as serious or as fun as you make it so let's have some fun.

Interesting! I always did like that show. Concept-wise I was thinking someone from an apocalyptic future. Someone from a sort-of cross between Fallout/The Dark Tower (King's Gunslinger series)/Thundar the Barbarian (see Hanna Barbara!). Someone from somewhere that mysticism exists and due to a series of unfortunate events is now 'trapped between worlds'. Now, with others in the same perdicament, that someone just wants to set things right and go home.

Ok Decker, what are you thinking as far as their progress level? I am quite literally allowing you all to come up with the reality your character comes from.

So where he comes from is it Cowboys and Telepaths? Are there cars? Horses? Hovercars? Etc.

Also include if their history is anything near ours. Perhaps the only difference is that the Americans didn't win the American Revolution or Perhaps the Nazi's took over the world.

Perhaps something even more drastic. A world where the ice caps melted and their are hardly any land masses or where volcanos are as common as trees.

Basically express some interest. Give me a character name and I'll make you a thread. I figure if you end up not playing then at least there's one more world the Sliders can slide into.

I've been kinda churning it over. I wouldn't want it too far ahead of where we are today. That means nothing fancy! Lol!

This is awesome. I just finished watching the series (again) a week ago. Shame I'm full up on games, or I'd jump on this. Felix does a great job of GMing to, so you lucky players are in for a great ride.

Thanks for the compliment there Jerubbaal18. Also you're more than welcome to join. Don't know why ir says 1 estimated player or why it double posted the introduction.

Anyway, point is, there's plenty of room.

Hmm, you posted after I did! Alright. Name.

Jessie Parker

As for world creation,.....
(minor Hx changes )

Nuclear War was taken off the table after 2 stolen nuclear devices (20 megaton) were detonated in London and Washington D.C. on Aug 27th, 2030 by a terroist group known as Unione Corse in a reprisal effort for N.A.T.O.'s attempts to exterminate it's organization. The United States closed it's borders and fell into an isolationist mind-set. The result was a police-state environment inside it's borders. Also a united western hemisphere effort to erradicate the party responsible and to put forth treaties to eliminate nuclear weapons as a whole. By 2200 all natural petrolium reseves had been depleted. The stability of the world's nations had fallen into a 'have/have-not' situation. By 2350 physics had reached it's pinacle and things mankind had but dreamed were now possible but availible only to well funded-resourced organizations. Most rich nations of the world had taken up Isolationist policies. To travel from 1 countriy to another was a monumental effort. As natural resources (fishing industry/ rare minerals/ airable farmland) became more and more difficult to obtain civilization regressed to 1800's economic values. Despite the fact that certain high-tech devices still were operational, few individuals understood the creation of said items. By 2650 any high-tech' items that still functioned were black-box-mystical in nature/reverance. On April 17th, 2763 Jessie Parker passed out of her reality and into somewhere else, between worlds so to speak.