March of the Bloody Doctrine

Old Aug 29 '11, 9:46am
Magus Bonisagi

March of the Bloody Doctrine

March of the Bloody Doctrine - Forum
Exalted
Ad Closes: Sep 12 '11
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Introduction War has broken out in the Hundred Kingdoms, the Red Emperor a powerful entity has rallied several nations under his banner and is now waging war after war, conquest at his hands seems inevitable for the nations of the Hundred Kingdoms, but alliances are being forged, a large war is in the horizon.

SettingThe stock standard Exalted setting is in use, the only addition being the Red Emperor his dominion and his lackeys, all of which I will be posting some information about soon.

Who you areThe opposition. Whether you live in a nation bordering the Red Empire, if you're a refugee from an already conquered nation or a delegate sent from one of the remaining nations to try and sort out alliances with other nations to defend yourselves against this threat is all fine. I merely want you to have a reason to oppose the Red Empire.

My ExpectationsI should be able to post 3-4 times a week, more if I'm having a good one, less otherwise.
I'm not a fan of walls of text and short posts likewise reduce my interest, so as an incentive I'm going to award a point of experience for every 4 posts with 250-500 words. This should likewise help with the fact that overall experience gain is a lot lower in PBP.

Game Description:

A new force has emerged in the Hundred Kingdoms, as simple as to be explained by a single word. It started in a small turbulent nation, it's monarch of yesterday dead with another in line. The word spread, taking root in the fertile minds of those who seek stability, and as it grew in strength it inevitably consumed the entire nation. But it did not stop there, for the word could not be contained by such simple boundaries as borders, and so the word spread. But not everyone would adhere to this simple word, or fall for it's simplistic allure, and so wars were waged, but none could stand before the power this word inspired, and so one by one, other nations fell, consumed into the litany that was the word. And now the word is at anotherís doorstep, to feed it's ever-hungry maw, leaving only the word.

Believe.

The Red Emperor comes.

Last edited by Neraagile; Sep 5 '11 at 9:24pm..
As stated I am of course interested. I'm tempted to do something a little different...

How do you feel about Infernals? I'm thinking about a Green Sun Prince who actively combats the Empire in an absolute belief in the writings of the Broken-Winged Crane and its apocalyptic message of the return of the Yozi. They do not question the return, the futility of struggling against the coming dawn of Ligier. The Empire thus could not threaten that prophetic future, but it can sway details and timelines. To provide the perfect ground in which a Yozi-controlled future may grow the character will endeavor to ally themselves even with the solar exalts in an effort to decimate and erase the existence of the Empire.

It's on like the Mask of Winters.

I'm going to apply with a no moon lunar I've been wanting to try for a while now... I'll however be quite busy this week so I might take a bit to actually come up with everything, including refreshing my knowledge of the setting and the hundred kingdoms in particular.

Question: Solar Bond. How do we deal with it? It always struck me as a hopeless, utterly useless waste of an excuse of a background, but yet it's so nice to have in fluff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bango Shank View Post
As stated I am of course interested. I'm tempted to do something a little different...

How do you feel about Infernals? I'm thinking about a Green Sun Prince who actively combats the Empire in an absolute belief in the writings of the Broken-Winged Crane and its apocalyptic message of the return of the Yozi. They do not question the return, the futility of struggling against the coming dawn of Ligier. The Empire thus could not threaten that prophetic future, but it can sway details and timelines. To provide the perfect ground in which a Yozi-controlled future may grow the character will endeavor to ally themselves even with the solar exalts in an effort to decimate and erase the existence of the Empire.
I like the idea, I like Infernals, so you're more than welcome to make a character around the concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuren View Post
It's on like the Mask of Winters.

I'm going to apply with a no moon lunar I've been wanting to try for a while now... I'll however be quite busy this week so I might take a bit to actually come up with everything, including refreshing my knowledge of the setting and the hundred kingdoms in particular.

Question: Solar Bond. How do we deal with it? It always struck me as a hopeless, utterly useless waste of an excuse of a background, but yet it's so nice to have in fluff.
I'll look over it again, it's been a while since I've touched the rules as well, Lunars in particular, but I'd probably implement some kind of dice bonus when doing something to protect your Solar Mate, because otherwise it is indeed a mechanical crippling for some fluff benefits, which doesn't particularly encourage having it.

Sign me up! I'm applying as a Twilight Solar. He's a detective primarily, but I want him to finally grow into a full-on detective/healer/sorceror/craftsman. I wants me a Forge-Manse after playing this game for ten years!
He'll have a Dragon-Blooded ally and a Sidereal mentor if that's all right.

I'm definitely interested, not sure what character to have, though. Might try re-working an old Full Moon Lunar character I made a while ago.

What about house rules? Are you using any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFighter15 View Post
What about house rules? Are you using any?
The Houserule Section is under Character Creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neraagile View Post
The Houserule Section is under Character Creation.
Damnit - why do I keep missing the obvious?

Thanks.

Likely applying with an Infernal, a Slayer favoring She Who Lives In Her Name. Crafts, combat, and civilization-building as one might expect; she has slept within the myriad ruins of Creationborn kingdoms that rose and fell, walked the brass streets of Malfeas and witnessed the grand and futile dramas of Octavian. All failures, just as she once failed. Contemplating this, she fell asleep and dreamt of a khalifate free of all weakness, a living kingdom that prospered and bloomed under a sun that was neither green nor gold. When she awoke, she knew its name to be her own.

Working title is Basilica Haunted by Dreams of Fire (formerly Nellens Kiarda).

I like, but I'm such a huge fan of Sidereals that I wonder if I should apply or not given your dislike of them.