Character Creation thoughts (ooc)

I am wondering if the GM will allow me to take different Ronin techniques at each Insight rank... that way I can at least keep pace with clanned characters.

That's how it's supposed to be. And the Enemies of the Empire has techniques for all the ranks all the way to 5, though they're hit and miss. Are a few sneaky ones though.

Well yea you can take a rank 1 in a school at pretty much any time. They dont jsut stall out at rank 1 ;D though they can look to join clan dojo, or advanced schools or more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdaq View Post
That's how it's supposed to be. And the Enemies of the Empire has techniques for all the ranks all the way to 5, though they're hit and miss. Are a few sneaky ones though.
I don't have that book, I only have the core 4e book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdaq View Post
Well, don't be blind for one, hah. But it's not hard to make a fairly effective character. I'm thinking of playing a Shinjo Bushi, however, I have another idea I'd like to clear with the GM first. Would you allow a Taoist Swordsman, from the Emerald Empire, to take the Friend of the Brotherhood advantage, even though they are bushi but described almost as monks? If so, I'd very much like to play one, and might play one anyway.

Another idea, though, is would you allow people to play a 'ronin' but using the Boar School, taught by some distant relative to the long dead Boar Clan who still continues to pass along the techniques. Juggling all the ideas right now.

However, in Enemies of the Empire, there are many more schools for later on as well.
I would have to hear more about the Taoist swordsman, though I would be a bit worried of mixing Bushi abilities and Kiho

Dead Boar Love Child (DBLC) is not much an issue mai chong are always fun.

Unicorn are fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmasterflash View Post
I don't have that book, I only have the core 4e book.
i\ bet if we ask real nice people will be able to offer sugestions as to what might be fitting.

Shame as the ronin paths from that make it so you can almost flat out make a full school tree in that.

Crudely Copy and Pasted from my copy of Emerald Empire. Bout the PDF for just such occasions. These are the two I've been considering.

Consider this my asking very nicely...

Anyone who has access to the book, could you PWWWEEESSSE suggest a good path to take?

What rank of path do you want? (There's ones for everything Rank 2+)

Though I might suggest the Hidden sword to a degree... Requires hero of the people advantage and gives you attacks as a simple action with melee weapons using the samurai keyword against anyone with a lower honor rank than you. Rank 3 technique.