Notices

Character Creation thoughts (ooc)

The Taoist seems a pretty good bushi in his own right. Being able to have reduction 7 when neked? :P

That said, I think there was one in a previous edition allows you to select a single kiho, if i can find that ... it might be acceptable.

I am thinking the Tessen, even though they don't have the skills I want (stealth, horsemanship, etc) flavor wise they are not stupid honorable or murderous jerks.

Reduction 7... but no bonuses to Armor TN from Armor. A Spider Bushi can wear heavy armor, stack kiho, AND stack his school bonuses to get Reduction well over that. Indeed, that's what I intend to do with Daichi in the Harvest game, hah. But yeah, literally acetic, meanings distinct lack of extra gear. Though I'm tempted to try and get a no-dachi as it seems like a fun guy, swinging around a massive sword in basic clothes.

Also, each ronin 'technique' is technique a seperate path and group. Using one is just saying you learned from the others OR have a technique that just happens to be the same. In a way, it's like Mugen making up his random style, just made it up as he went along. Many holes, but crazy enough to work.

That said, there are two other ideas... one I think that would work hilarious with the party. A Daidoji Scout, from Great Clans, or a Tsuruchi Bounty Hunter, likely working with or even AGAINST the magistrate and trying to chase down the ronin. Would be a very interesting party.

Still love the Taoist Swordsman though.

'nother question. Will the Destroyer war be incorporated into the story line or are we before that but still in the Iweko dynasty? lol.

Hmm, I see.

Amora - I don't see this character as being especially high honor. He is an unrepentant thief, after all.

For simplicities sake I will stick to the techniques in the core book, and order the the Enemies of the Empire book later. I'll start with the Forest Killer school.

There is also the Silent Blade, if you're a sneaky sort, for Rank 2. Start as whatever, move to this one after, and then find the next technique.
Requirements: Ninjutsu 3+, Stealth 3+
Technique: Black Hearts, Red Blades – The Silent
Blades are not completely without skill as assassins.
If you are attacking an opponent who is unaware of
your presence (for example, a foe you have defeated
with a Contested Stealth Skill Roll to remain unde-
tected), you may add your Stealth Skill Rank to the
total of all attack and damage rolls made against that
opponent for the duration of this skirmish.

Amora, by the by, what do you think of a Vitriolic Buddy Cop duo, if there is a nix on the Taoist? Magistrate and Bounty Hunter, Yin and Yang, all that fun stuff. Rokugan needs more buddy cop movies.

As I'm going Soshi Magistrate... I'm quite amicable to having someone playing an uncouth barbarian charging around at my behest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amora View Post
'nother question. Will the Destroyer war be incorporated into the story line or are we before that but still in the Iweko dynasty? lol.
Since I admit i am still not overly uptodate on evil gaijin evil thing. Rather then play catch up.... The empire will go on as though it never happend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amora View Post
As I'm going Soshi Magistrate... I'm quite amicable to having someone playing an uncouth barbarian charging around at my behest.
I would like if we can find some one else to be on the Bandit side of life then as well, pref teamed with our other roguish friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmasterflash View Post
Hmm, I see.

Amora - I don't see this character as being especially high honor. He is an unrepentant thief, after all.

For simplicities sake I will stick to the techniques in the core book, and order the the Enemies of the Empire book later. I'll start with the Forest Killer school.
A gone ronin Daidoji scout might work to... they do traps and stuff ;D but if you are good w/ forest killers, I dont want to bat your idea with a... well ... bat