A light in the Darkness.

"You would be so lucky to escape me even in the heavens after what your men tried to do." she returned in a quiet tone knowing the smile full well though she couldn't see it. The sudden rush of movement forced her to tense and slid back a step into a ready crouch with one arm raised in a block before she realized what the Ronin is about. Her thoughts were needless to say focused on the necessity of the moment but calculations worked in the back of her mind to ensure her quarry wouldn't escape.

And lands in a pile of... wood?! a very strange place for wood to be. The sounds of metal scrapeing on stone, and the feeling of it beside you also gives good indication that you have found a small (8 in to a side) metal box.

"Don't kid youself Rin-chan, we both know you keep coming after me cause you can't get enough of me." Sarutobi said, with the same stupid smile on his face... despite having landed on his back with his feet over his head.

Sarutobi rolls back on to his feet
Sleight of Hand/Agility:
Dice Roll:
4d10e^3z
d10 Results: 3, 10, 4, 10, 7 (Total = 34)
with the box in his hands. (34)

"I found some wood."

"I shall simply add delusional to the list of flaws to your name and person." the woman shot back with a softly spoken whisper as she used the sounds of his oafish fall back to the earth as a guide. As ever she moved with the grace of a cat, each step picked with care and attention to the subtle details of the unseen earth that was holding her up. That such training was included in the training of the scorpion's magistrates would come as surprise to none. Despite having given herself away she still chose to take due care in keeping her steps silent.

Dice Roll: 4d10e^3z
d10 Results: 9, 8, 6 (Total = 23)
Stealth/Agility (23)
Dice Roll: 4d10e^2z
d10 Results: 7, 2 (Total = 9)
Investigation (9)

The box has a lip around it, making it pretty obvous with the hinges on one side that is is indeed a container...

Sarutobi knows what Rin is capable of, and quickly shuffles to
Stealth/Agility:
Dice Roll:
5d10e^3
d10 Results: 5, 6, 8 (Total = 19)
a darker spot of the cave.

Once he gets there, he tries to open the box...

Dice Roll: 5d10e^3z
d10 Results: 9, 10, 10, 5, 8 (Total = 42)
Investigation + void (42)

The sudden silence of the bandit after announcing his discovery stirred the Magistrate's suspicions all too keenly as she focused on her hearing for a moment and continued to pick her way about the cave in search of the man. "Don't you dare plot some further treachery, filth. If you've found something of use to us in escaping you will share it." the lovely scorpion said into the shadows that surrounded them. Those instincts led her right to him with unerring grace and focus, her own steps just as quiet and lightly placed as before.

Dice Roll: 4d10e^3z
d10 Results: 9, 5, 4 (Total = 18)
Stealth/Agility (18)

"I told you, I found some wood. Start a fire already. It might help me get this stupid thing open."

Sarutobi felt around for a latch or keyhole, unaware of the Scorpion breathing down his neck.

"Indeed, you did, Sarutobi-san." she said softly as to give the illusion of distance in the ever echoing cave. She fought the temptation to simply press both her armored armored hands down upon his shoulders to make her presence felt all the more succinctly. The law was always vigilant and could never be escaped in her mind, especially with those such as herself serving it's interests.

(Not sure what to roll to pull such a vocal trick so lol)

Inside the box.... feels like flint steel and tinder.