A humid morning

A humid morning

Dawn is late commign here, with mountains surounding the entire place... but it does come some time after you had already awoke, but before you have gotten to far into your morning. It is humid, likely more so then any of you are used to. This takes the most toll on your furry companion who's very fur is sticking to him and itself every time he moves. Low clound cover continues to grow as the moisture rises from the vales floor into the sky.

Rin, out of habit as much as desire, slept like a wolf. It was a strange thing to see the woman waking periodically only to return to sleep perhaps an hour or two later. Still, it no doubt had it's purposes. Come morning she was once more attired comfortably in her armor except for the humid that would manage to find its way in and dampen the padding to an almost smothering extent. Not that such was an unusual experience with so much time spent on the road or in this armor regardless of the weather.

With those same light clicks of armored boots she moved to the door of the long house and pushed it lightly open to observe the world and the weather conditions before judging if she could make it to the Constables' home in good time. There were too many variables for her to feel comfortable and such was evidenced by the continuing proximity of all her weapons. It no doubt discomforted her hosts.

Sarutobi exits the peasant's house while stretching his back and arms. Seems the sun is out, and the rain has stopped. Now seems as good as any to get out of here and leave the Scorpion woman in the dust.

Chitter sleeps soundly and wakes early, uncomfortable in the morning dew. Hopefully the sun will dry it out early, I don't want to be swimming all day...although now that I think of it a dip in the lake might be rather nice. Given his new impression of the volatility of the situation, he dons his armor today, instead of carrying it in his bag as usual. He appears fairly imposing decked out in one of his most prized possessions: heavy armor lacquered in dark Crab shades, with his own personal Nezumi mon adorning it.

After he readies for the day, he paces restlessly inside until the magistrate likewise rouses and finishes her preparations. While he aches to be on the move, it has been a long time since he had been in the company of samurai—even ronin—willing to tolerate his presence. Now it seemed he had found two of them, at least temporarily, and he was loathe to leave their companionship so soon, no matter how messily it seemed sure to end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmasterflash View Post
Sarutobi exits the peasant's house while stretching his back and arms. Seems the sun is out, and the rain has stopped. Now seems as good as any to get out of here and leave the Scorpion woman in the dust.
"Nice morning is it not?"

His host offered to the ronin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmasterflash View Post
"Nice morning is it not?"

His host offered to the ronin. The old man moved with deceptive grace for his age.

"Hai, it's quite lovely," Sarutobi offered with a slight bow. "I wished to thank you again for the lodgings last night before I left."

"Where do you plan to go young man? Into the Wind once more? The earth tells quite a tale of your travels, if one listens. There are not many pauses or rests within those tales..."

"There are properties of the living, and properties of the dead. Living things stay in motion." Sarutobi said, alluding to the fact that if he doesn't get moving death will surely come to visit him.

"I thank you for the offer, friend. There is another village nearby, is there not? Perhaps I will explore the valley more before leaving... I'll just have to do so quietly so that Scorpion woman doesn't know which way I left."

"The village is up the cliff from us, though there are other camps in the vale. Only one other large one"

A small look of distaste or regret crossed his face.

"And of course the bandit camps, if you are sure you wish to follow that life style. Though none here would begrudge your past should you wish to work towards a new future..."