Notices

GM Corner

You've been empowered by the energies of an extremely powerful chaos demon headmaster and the clashes ofenergy at night make anything almost possible.

Based on the idea of creation, you could create a computer if you understood the insides of a computer, therefore, a skill check would be required and also, in order for it to operate, after you've created it you would need to program it with an operating system and software. I think that would only be fair. How can you create something you don't understand. Or you could imagine a super computer in your head and your creation could look like a computer system but on the inside will most likely not be if you don't understand what you're doing. These are just my thoughts.

Now you can understand why these Corporations have done so well. They coulddo far more but given the fact they're trading on the world stage, if they came up with things that are far too advanced then people may becom far more suspicious.

As long as you're not trying to destroy the school or trying to creae things that will lead to the destruction of the school, such as equipment larger than the room/corridor...well, destroying th school is something I'm hoping to avoid.

Other than that, I'm a firm believer in giving people freedom with their creations. Just remeber that the things going on at night are essentially world breaking in a way so what's a bit of potential game breaking. You have points to spend and how you spend them is up to you.

well I wouldn't destroy the entire school at the same time, I'd wait for discreet times to remove sections, then re-create them quickly (then, if required, work on the details as needed) and I'd cover most of the understanding computers through Eidetic Memory, Expertise (Programming and Computers, unless they're combined), and Connected (IE a professional computer techie assisting or the like) also, most likely some points in Technology and Inventor specifically for the Inventing aspect of Technology. (also, would programming (at least some of it) classify as a 'language' from Languages? (if not, I can always get the power from comprehend to be able to talk to computers, which might even out to something around being computer literate)

Of course, to understand the construction of the school, he'll also have Expertise in Construction, and possibly other sections that could be related (or, if neccessary, split construction into carpentry/metallgury/masonry/whatever)

Get Comprehend.

Alright I'm finally on sight boss. Sorry I've been out of touch. I'll have Evans sheet done soonish, I'm still working on some fine details.

As far as rules Evans would on principal be against any school rules at all. I would assume killing other students, and causing mass property damage to the school or corporations buildings without the ability to replace it before dawn would be frowned on.

OK, I think I got a decent-ish tie in for my character to be related to Aleksander Rovanov (assuming its ok to screw a little bit with his original backstory) his parents first child was a daughter, and (at the time) they came to the conclusion they couldn't keep her, and set her up for adoption.
Aleksander never knew this, and only discovered he had a sister after he recieved a letter with condolences on his sister's death, delivered by her son (Jake, who soon changed his last name to Rovanov, removing any bad memories of childhood (in theory)...* and no, the letter was not from jake;...* it was from his father, who he hates, who hates him, etc., and finally could get rid of him now that his wife died (so really, the letter is more of a 'now I'm dumping the kid on you'). Aleksander trained Jake in his off-time, and decided some on the job experience would be good for him while he trained, thus, he got Jake into the school! (and when he visits, he has sparing matches with Jake to make sure he's keeping his skill levels up)

Edit: better yet, you guys don't need to read the 3 some odd extra paragraphs I typed, then just deleted with this edit... suffice it to say, I made a decent self-rant, told you guys to yell at me if I do it to much, and I could use help fleshing out Jake's backstory

So, for rules if we basically start off with.

1) No damage to school property.
2) No damage to any other property on the island.
3) Students must listen to their teachers and do as they're told.
4) Obey the School Council and abide by their decisions.
5) No killing.

What do you think?

Anything else you want to add?

Anything you like from the Agenda section?

Not enough rules may lead to some suspicion but too many is restrictive unless we acknowledge that since most students will ignore the rules, it just maes it more entertaining for everyone else to try and enforce them. The Headmaster will want enough rules in place to make it seem like the school is trying to conrol the situation but wants to make sure there's enough wiggle room for people to consider pushing the boundaries of the rules or breaking them.

EDIT: Also, having enough rules gives the School Council Taskforce more opportunity to enforce the law by any means they consider necessary to punish trouble makers and having rules that can be open to being pushed or broken encourage the Taskforce to need to take more action to clamp down on those who attempt to undermine the authority of the school. The more hostile we start to come across in enforcing the rules and punishing trouble makers, the more we encourage students to want to do their own thing because they'll want to rebel against the authority. Thus, a nice cycle of enforcing the law breeding more trouble breeding a greater level of authority to enforce the law breeding more rebellious trouble makers.

Sylas, that's fine.

I'm open to modifying back dtories and stuff. I've tried to leave things reasonable vague and also what's written there is only what others will know about them or the sorts of things that would be easy to find out if they did a search for the person.

Everything else wouldn't be known by others so we can leave this as a private thing that nobody else would know.

ok then we'll go with Jake was adopted by Aleksander because one day he encountered the boy, liked him, and adpoted (or at least 'took him under his wing') him (thus changing his last name), and wanted to give the best he could to the kid (sending him to Limitless Possibilities), and checks up on him every now and then (the sparring matches).

Fair enough some random ones off the top of my head.

- School dress code(Everyone ignores it)
- Those not there at first bell are assumed absent for the day.
- Truancy rule of some sort so the SCT can have adventures chasing people through the halls.
- Since its M&M we could make everyone go costume at night and make anyone caught outside the dorm at night eligible for punishment
- Any information transfer off the island not okayed by the student council is punishable with expulsion.

Just felt like being funny

Quote:
- School dress code(Everyone ignores it)
I didn't know the school wore clothes!
Quote:
- Those not there at first bell are assumed absent for the day.
I have a feeling that half (probably more) of the school will be absent every day
Quote:
- Truancy rule of some sort so the SCT can have adventures chasing people through the halls.
what chase? Jake could turn a nice long hallway into a nice short dead-end (or even box-in )
Quote:
- Since its M&M we could make everyone go costume at night and make anyone caught outside the dorm at night eligible for punishment
- Any information transfer off the island not okayed by the student council is punishable with expulsion.
can't think of anything funny to go with these two, sorry