The Hidden Chamber

Old Oct 5 '11, 8:12am
Gishtastic

The Hidden Chamber

The Hidden Chamber - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e - Forgotten Realms 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 5

This is my very first attempt at DMing a game. I've been playing DnD all these years, but only as a pawn in a friend's game. Now I'm going to be in control, and it is going to be awesome. I might have to work out some kinks, but I know my experience as a player, and creative writer, will lend itself well to this first shot at Game Mastery.

The Concept you and 3-4 other players are servants of some kind to the recently fallen King. A royal rival has come, is in the midst of destroying the vast castle you reside in and finding the princess to steal as his bride. He has killed your King, stabbed him while you were in the King's chamber. Wounded and dying, he had you all go into his escape tunnel behind his throne. You are unknown to the enemy, and that's where and when the game will start.

Game Description:

The handful of you breath in the musky air. You often wondered if the castle had a place like this...and had it not been for the panic, you might have taken a moment to marvel that it was behind the king's throne all along!

But alas, the king! He is dead, just a few paces behind you. His voice still sounds clear in your mind just as it did moments ago...

"Save my daughter..."

Last edited by Rangeror; Oct 7 '11 at 7:24am..
Quite interested, I think I'd like to fill the role of the King's assassin and spy(although people will not know me as such) or perhaps the King's new champion who previously was a scout for border patrol.

Interesting, though I have very limited time for games. So much so that my new game will take all my remaining time, good luck to you though!

You can count me in, and I'd be more than willing to assist you with any DMing issues you might have. I'll have an app in by tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triban View Post
Quite interested, I think I'd like to fill the role of the King's assassin and spy(although people will not know me as such) or perhaps the King's new champion who previously was a scout for border patrol.
That's fine, but I strongly recommend you consider what your "cover" is, for two reasons. One is because you would actually act as that cover much of the time. Also because at your level, you would likely be at the lower rankings of his personal secret police. Draw up the character you want and I'll work with you on it, there's a couple different directions we could go.

I am debating... School hasn't picked up homework wise... and my other threads are slow moving... this looks really interesting.

I'm thinking Helmite paladin. Remind me; is the PHBII considered "core?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPX51 View Post
I'm thinking Helmite paladin. Remind me; is the PHBII considered "core?"
No...but it be considered case by case. Most of the expanded classes are fine by me, but some of the feats and spells I'm not too keen on. Just check with me by asking in the Questions/Comments section or in PM.