Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Two-Weapon Fighting

Two-Weapon Fighting

I'm a bit confused on exactly how many attacks a character would get, assuming they have multiple attacks due to BAB (+6/+1, for example), Two-Weapon Fighting, and Improved Two-Weapon Fighting. For simplicity, non-light weapons(so without that -2/-2 penalty reduction)

How would it look, in total? Something like:
1) Standard primary attack at +6
2) Second primary attack at +1
3) Standard off-hand attack at +2
4) Second off-hand attack at -3
5) Bonus off-hand attack at +1

etc

Too many factors, too many pluses and minuses...can't wrap my head around it all!

...Non-light weapon in the offhand is -4, while a light weapon in the offhand has a -2 penalty. Penalty included, wielding a light weapon in the off hand, it would look like:
Primary Iterative attack: +4
Secondary Iterative attack: -1
Offhand Attack(From fighting with two weapons):+4
Offhand Attack(From ITWF):-1

You don't normally get iterative attacks with your offhand weapon when TWFing.

hmm... so the +6/+1 type bonus attacks are only for the primary hand, yes?

In that case, with TWF and ITWF, the Primary hand would get 2 attacks (2 from BAB ), and the Offhand would get 2 attacks (1 from TWF and 1 from ITWF) ?

Quote:
If you wield a second weapon in your off hand, you can get one extra attack per round with that weapon. When fighting in this way you suffer a -6 penalty with your regular attack or attacks with your primary hand and a -10 penalty to the attack with your off hand.
Your penalties on attack rolls for fighting with two weapons are reduced. The penalty for your primary hand lessens by 2 and the one for your off hand lessens by 6.
So Primary hand and Offhand would both be at -4, assuming both weapons were NOT light....

Quote:
Improved Two-Weapon Fighting [General]
Benefit

In addition to the standard single extra attack you get with an off-hand weapon, you get a second attack with it, albeit at a -5 penalty
-5 from the highest attack bonus available, in this case the +6 ? Or from the current Offhand attack?

So, assuming I can count... At a +6/+1 BAB, 2 weapons, TWF and ITWF...

1) Primary at +2 (+6 and then -4 from TWF)
2) Primary at -3 (+1 and then -4 from TWF)

3) Offhand at +2 (+6 and then -4 from TWF)
4) Offhand at -3 (+2 as normal, but -5 from the ITWF)

That look right? Attack #4 looks weird...

Beautiful. And if the offhand weapon is light, that reduces ALL of those penalties by 2, correct?

Oversized two weapon fighting (from complete something-or-other...adventurer I think) allows you to get the light weapon bonus even if the offhand weapon is not light.

Toss in exotic weapon proficiency (I quite like bastard sword) and you too can look like a refugee from a final fantasy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithobi1 View Post
I think you mean lowered penalty :P
I think you will regret correcting me, frog-boy.

Mikey? You really didn't expect a correction from Sith? He was the source of the term Sith-ism. Also, Frog Boy? Why frog?

Also, a greatsword will also make you an FF character. That & some really big, spiky blonde hair.