General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead -Season 2

The end of that episode was sweet. Not quite as crazy as when Carl was the one to actually kill Shane in the comic, but it was pretty damn close.

And it looks like we finally got our first zombie herd!!

I have to laugh at the notion of people vowing to stop watching "The Walking Dead" because of a certain character's departure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azar View Post
I have to laugh at . . .
Everything about TV is ultimately laughable, because . . . it's TV. :-)

When it comes to the Walking Dead, however, you definitely don't want to quit watching because they kill a character off. The the only time the show has been really, really good is when they've killed a character off.

I have been losing interest this season and had completely lost interest by last week. The story was *yawn* and the death was *yawn*. I was out on the veranda reading a book, when my wife texted me, "You are going to want to see this." I came back just as Ranger Rick was starting to figure out that Shane was leading him to the killing spot. And she was right. I did want to see that. The ending was spectacular. Probably the best writing this season, crammed into about eight minutes.

Law, I agree with you completely. There's not many of us that think this season has been ridiculously boring.

It's a lot of lead up to one good moment. My problems with the show is that quite a few episodes don't have their own mini-story and they spend the whole show setting something up for next week/month. I wait until I can watch 3-4 at a time and watch and it's much better that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ben View Post
I wait until I can watch 3-4 at a time and watch and it's much better that way.
In my experience, the television show "24" is more enjoyable when utilizing this viewing method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
Law, I agree with you completely. There's not many of us that think this season has been ridiculously boring.
It is definitely slow in my opinion. Too slow. I'm starting to wonder if maybe they didn't write season two thinking they were only going to have six episodes (like season one), and when they were given thirteen episodes, the writers just tried to stretch the six episodes of story over thirteen actual episodes.

I think it had something to do with their cut funding which was given to some cowboy show on AMC. Hence why so many scenes were in the same overdone setting of the farm. I hope they get more funding for Season 3 so we can see more diverse locations and a greater progression of the overall story. Oh and last night was badass, I can't wait to see the finale!

I just watched it this morning because I had to hit the sack early Sunday night and I was glad to see that I was way off. I'm glad Shane is finally gone too.