Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead -Season 2

For the record, I am only arguing that a knee jerk reaction makes sense and not that this character will ruin the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmendrick View Post
The only part that irks me is the walkers chained to her. Whether it's an efficient tactic or not, it just comes off as too exotic and weird to fit with the mood of the show so far. I haven't read the graphic novels, because the fear factor of zombie horror doesn't translate to that medium for me.

And if it makes so much sense, is she going to chain down a couple walkers and chop their arms off so Andrea can have some to? It just reads as a slippery slope. People have a right to be bothered by it, because they've become attached to the show in the way others don't like the show because they are attached to the graphic novels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmendrick View Post
For the record, I am only arguing that a knee jerk reaction makes sense
Some times, but many knee jerk reactions are "ninja" or "samurai", which are founded out of a myopic fiction experience.

You'll never see someone complain this much about perfect headshots while riding shotgun, Andrea's extremely fast progression to sniper, or pocket knives reliably impaling walker skulls. Oh no: these things make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azar View Post
Some times, but the vast majority of knee jerk reactions are "ninja" or "samurai", which are founded out of a myopic fiction experience.

You'll never see someone complain this much about perfect headshots while riding shotgun, Andrea's extremely fast progression to sniper, or pocket knives reliably impaling walker skulls. Oh no: these things make sense.
lol yeah, aside from the Andrea thing, I've had these thoughts in the back of my head while watching these episodes.

"What are the chances of every once of those bullets making a perfect headshot while zipping around the field in a van/truck?"
"Isn't that pocket knife waaaayyy too small to kill a zombie with?"
"Is it just me, or do most of these 1-hit kills not actually hit the infected part of the walkers' brains?"

But you know, I just shrug, laugh, and write it off as the magic of hollywood.

Assuming we agree that new characters need to be introduced fairly often to make up for all the delightful murder, it shouldnt be too big of a surprise when some of them turn out to be competent. There's only so many bastions of peace untouched by the zombles where we can believably find 'normal' people to be all incompetent and make bad decisions so they can be saved by Rick.

Anyone surviving that long, let alone on their own, is going to have figured out how to survive and unless Michonne is bouncing off walls, leaping off building and doing other silly bullet-time moves, I dont have a problem with it. She comes across as eminently practical to me (as long as there's some serious psycological scarring to go with it).

Disclaimer: I havent yet watched the second half of the season as I was waiting to watch it all together so might feel similarly enraged when I actually see the entrance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogie View Post
There's only so many bastions of peace untouched by the zombles where we can believably find 'normal' people to be all incompetent and make bad decisions so they can be saved by Rick.
I gotta say, this got a chuckle out of me :P

Overall with the second season, I really felt the quality of the show dip, it went from must-see TV on Sunday to whenever I get around to it I'll watch it on the DVR. The unrealistic gun stuff was irksome.. Seeing Hershel on the porch of his farm firing shot after shot after shot after shot in a shotgun that really shouldn't hold that much (mine holds 5), just chalk it up to movie gunplay. Hopefully going from season 2 to season 3 does not experience the same dip..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchslasher View Post
Overall with the second season, I really felt the quality of the show dip, it went from must-see TV on Sunday to whenever I get around to it I'll watch it on the DVR. The unrealistic gun stuff was irksome.. Seeing Hershel on the porch of his farm firing shot after shot after shot after shot in a shotgun that really shouldn't hold that much (mine holds 5), just chalk it up to movie gunplay. Hopefully going from season 2 to season 3 does not experience the same dip..
Agree with the bolded portion, though I felt the show got better as the season went on and was pleased with the last episode for the most part except:
  1. Why didn't these people, who did nothing but hang out at Hershel's farm all summer, come up with an agreed upon place to meet up in an emergency?
  2. Why didn't these people set up any sort of advanced warning system; e.g., set up any sort of perimeter or defenses?
  3. Same old gripe about how an entire army of zombies keep managing to sneak up on people when all the zombies do is wander around and moan.
  4. Why didn't these people have any sort of food and ammo packed away in case they had to bail?
Also, I'm sorry, katana girl with the pet zombies is just lame. Maybe lame is too harsh, but, like I've said, we're all nerds here and lets just admit that chick-with-katana is a nerd's wet dream and that's the ONLY reason she ever made it into the comic or the show. To act like she's a character with depth is just silly, no?

Well keep in mind those arguing that she has depth are people who have read the comic and know the character.. Certainly if you haven't read the comic and just got what we "watchers" got, there's no real chance to know if she has depth..