Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead -Season 2

lol seriously, who puts out 6-episode seasons? :P

Someone who's making a type of show that's never been done before on a network that doesn't have many shows as it is and is unsure what the reaction to said show will be?

Not many shows, but boy they sure are good (especially Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead, and The Killing)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantra99 View Post
Someone who's making a type of show that's never been done before on a network that doesn't have many shows as it is and is unsure what the reaction to said show will be?
lol are you trying to tell me nobody's ever done a zombie apocalypse show before?

I can't think of anyone who has done it as a regular TV series.

There have been spotted attempts at other kinds of post-apocalyptic TV series, but were there any that did well? There may be, but I can't think of one.

Not to get off topic, but I'm still waiting on season 2 for Highschool of the Dead lol

It is hard to even think of post apocalyptic TV shows, much less ones with zombies. (like Jericho--lasted two seasons, and Jeremiah--lasted two seasons (none of these have zombies).

Needless to say, AMC went into this project ready to cut and run as quickly as possible, if it looked like the subject matter was going to be a flop for TV.