Part 3: Bandits of the Greenbelt

 
Part 3: Bandits of the Greenbelt



Jaared, Daneyth and Jarili moved slowly, as casual as they could appear with Brunhilde and Mallory not far back. Crossing the ford was no problem at all. Up ahead you see a lonely wagon by the road...

...two run of the mill men push the wagon to no avail, one waves at you all in a friendly manner "Hello! there, so glad someone came, would you so kindly help some poor travelers?"

Jaared and Willem spot a man hidden between some logs clearly trying to not be
B2, Only Will and Jaared spotted him
seen.
These dice sets were omitted or moved: 1d20+3, 1d20+9, 1d20+1, 1d20+8, 1d20+4 1d20+4 1d20+2 1d20+2 1d20+2



Jaared smiled and waved back to the man who hailed them. "Sure friend! Give us a moment to get there to help!" Under his breath he spoke in Dwarven to Jarili, "Get ready, behind the log up on the left." Jaared walked with Storm towards the wagon.



Willem took it slow and careful as he moved towards the wagon.






"Thank ye kindly" one of them grins "Our wagon got stuck in this 'ere river"

Meanwhile Willem stealthy moves under cover to a more profitable location....

"If you could help us out 'ere we'd really appreciate it, maybe with a couple of yer horses we could get this wagon from under this mud" he motions to the other members of you party.


Willem took out his bow and nocked an arrow in it, preparing to take a shot.




As he walked toward the wagon Jaared pretended to stumble. As he did so he yanked down on the reigns he was leading Storm by as he 'tried to regain his balance'. At the bottom part of the yank he let loose the reigns and allowed Storm to recoil from the sudden jerk. Jaared feigned fear if Storm reared up. "WHOOAA STORM!!", he said aloud.



A woman gives out a loud mocking laugh from nearby...




"Hahaah... pathetic... you must be the ones helping that dog Oleg, I think him and you just about bit more than you could chew" The woman draws some hatchets and grins "Drop your weapons and I might go easy on you" the woman whistles and more bandits emerge clearly outnumbering you...




To add insult to injury Jarili and Mallory see movement in the brushes at their left...
These dice sets were omitted or moved: 1d20+1, 1d20+3, 1d20+9, 1d20+1, 1d20+8



His eyebrow raised at the additional back-up, back-up for the wrong side. Jaared chuckled to himself, "And you must be that gutter-rat who tried to chop off Oleg's hand. I tell you what, I'll make a counter offer: Drop your weapons and surrender peacefully. Do that and I might go easy on you, alot easier than your men do while they're taking turns on you." A sneer quickly replaced his mirth. Jaared drew his sword.........


Surprise Round - Willem


Seeing the bandits closing in on Jaared, Willem decided to take his shot. Aiming carefully at the
Attack with +8 from Hero Point:
Dice Roll:
1d20+11
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 24)
lookout, he let his arrow
Concealment check, 1-20 miss:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 80
fly. The arrow flew true through the foliage and
Damage + Sneak Attack:
Dice Roll:
2d6+1
d6 Results: 6, 5 (Total = 12)
pierced the bandit in the back.

Oh screw it... using a Hero Point for +8 to attack... Hey, look at that. It worked. (cue Wilhelm scream for bandit lookout...)
Actions



An arrow strikes the lookout on the back, the man screams as he plummets to his death down below, Kressle looks a bit surprised, but smirks.

"I was hoping you'd make things difficult, who knows, maybe I'll make my men take turns on you fer a change. Let's have some fun boys!" the bandits scream as they move in to attack.


Combat to follow, after these messages.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status