Notices


Part 3: Bandits of the Greenbelt

 
Brunhilde Thundercry

There are times for subtlety. This is not one of them. Brunhilde watches from a distance as the situation heats up, noting the wagon and the watchtowers, then pulls flint and steel from her bag. She follows it up by snapping the glass head from a crossbow bolt and gets to work setting the wooden shaft alight.





As Jaared rides forward, Denayth says a quick prayer under his breath, granting himself and all his visible allies the blessing of Abadar. As his friend exchanges insults with the bandit woman, he slowly grabs his crossbow and fits a bolt to the already-set weapon, expecting the trouble to start anytime.

With the scream of the falling bandit, the padre lifts his crossbow, sighting at one of the bandits standing in the open...




Mallory saw Brunhilde's preparatory pyromania and gestured to the bushes at her left. They didn't look particularly flammable, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

"Thundercry, watch your flank," she whispered, a hand gliding to one of her rifles. "Hold down the fort here; I think I can shut up that mongrel with the poor fashion sense. If you cover me, if you trust me, I can do before the brood closes."

She smiled, her natural smugness returning to her. "I'll make it sweeter for you: I'll bet you 5 gold I can put the bitch down before a minute passes."

In one smooth motion, she drew and took aim over the horse at the closest bandit's center mass. "Heel, dog, or I'll put you to sleep," she bellowed, eager for a chance to bolster her self-esteem at others' expense.




Surprise Round Status


  • Kressle
  • Bandits
  • -----
  • Willem -
    9/9hp
    State
  • Jarili -
    10/10hp | Blessed
    State |
    ooc
    Expended
  • Deneyth -
    9/9hp | Blessed
    State |
    1 level 1 spell
    Expended |
    Bless (3/10r)
    Effects
  • Jaared -
    11/11hp | Blessed
    State
  • Mallory -
    8/8hp | Blessed
    State
  • Brunehilde -
    12/12hp | Blessed
    State

Daneyth's Bless and Brunhilde's pre-actions were resolved, Mallory's attack will have to wait until her turn
These dice sets were omitted or moved: 1d20+3, 1d20+2, 1d20+1, 1d20+5, 1d20+3

Surprise Round


  • Taking a step forwards Kressle quickly draws a dagger and with an expert flick of her wrist
    Dice Roll: 1d20+3 1d4+5
    d20 Results: 3 (Total = 6)
    d4 Results: 1 (Total = 6)
    sends it flying towards Jaared "You'll die today cur" Kressle curses as her dagger goes high.

  • Willem's actions did not go unnoticed and a Bandit quickly moves to confront the sharpshooter.
  • The bandit at the wagon was ready and stepped in to
    Dice Roll: 1d20+2 1d6+1
    d20 Results: 11 (Total = 13)
    d6 Results: 3 (Total = 4)
    attack Jaared.
  • Archers fired upon both
    Dice Roll: 1d20+2 1d8
    d20 Results: 8 (Total = 10)
    d8 Results: 2
    Jarili and
    Dice Roll: 1d20+2 1d8
    d20 Results: 15 (Total = 17)
    d8 Results: 4
    Daneyth before they had the chance to move out of the way while bandits closed in from the party's flank.


Surprise Round - Willem


Now that his cover was blown, especially since a bandit was right in front of him, Willem dropped his shortbow and drew his rapier,
Attack Bandit B3:
Dice Roll:
1d20+1
d20 Results: 10 (Total = 11)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d6+1
Original Dice: 1d6+1
thrusting it towards the
Damage:
Dice Roll:
1d6+1
d6 Results: 6 (Total = 7)
brute. Unfortunately, the bandit was able to evade his thrust.


Brunhilde Thundercry

Brunhilde notes Mallory's direction, but decides against it; the bandits are already bursting out from over there, no need to flush 'em out, and the fire would take too long to grow anyways. Instead, she turns her attentions south, towards the log barricades, and dashes (for certain definitions of 'dash') towards them, loosing her flaming bolt.





Jaared had gotten his shield up just in time to hear Kressle's dagger bounce off it. He heard a 'whizzz' and a 'thuck'!! only look down to his right to see an arrow stick in the ground! Damn that was close!, he thought to himself. As he looked back up the bandit near the wagon stepped forward and took a swing at him. Holy Abadar! This isn't looking good for me!, he thought again as he leaned back to avoid the bandit's blade. He realized the bulk of their force was off to his left and to avoid being flanked he had to move. He cirlced to his right (moving a little closer to Willem) and
Dice Roll: 1D20+3
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 18)
thrusted his own blade at the criminal in front of him.



(OOC: Shooting seems like not a good idea right now. Mal has her gun out, right?)

Mallory started to take cover behind the horse, but her ears twitched; she cut her movement short and wheeled to cut off the bandits' flanking maneuver. She drew a bead between the two not blocked by the horse and loaded a special powdered bullet into her rifle's chamber.

"I said heel!" She pulled the trigger and a swirling mass of colors burst forth from her rifle like buckshot.





Jarili sees the bandit off to his left. He slowly untied the sling from around his belt and loaded it with a bullet. He took aim at let fly the bullet. The bullet struck the bandit squarely in the cheek. Though it was not much, it was all the offense that the Dwarf could manage, it still hurt quite a lot.







 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status