Notices

The Big Uneasy

Old Oct 16 '11, 12:30am
The Cannibal Ice-Cream Lord

The Big Uneasy

The Big Uneasy - Forum
Dresden Files
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Three months isn't a long time...But it's long enough for things to change.

New Orleans has always been a haven for the Red Court. As long as anybody can remember, they've had a stranglehold on the Big Easy. But all that changed as of three months ago. Three months ago, something completely obliterated the Red Court, ending their rule of New Orleans. Now nobody owns the city. Everybody has a slice of the Big Easy, and everybody wants the whole pie.

Mr. Saturday, the enigmatic ruler of the Big Easy's Wyldfae, cuts deals day-in and day-out. Meanwhile, the Summer and Winter Courts clamor to claim the Missisippi Delta and snatch Saturday's seat out from under him. The White Court are gearing up for a civil war bewteen the Raith, Skavis, and Malvora families. The White Council presence is almost nonexistant. There are rumors of weregators in the swamps, the city's two cemetary watch organizations are reporting more and more undead that ever before, and there are stories of things even worse.

New Orleans is a city of chaos, of danger...and of opportunity. The Big Easy stands on the brink of warfare, of disaster. But it's one of the few places where a difference can be made.

Welcome to the Big Uneasy.

The Game
The Big Uneasy is a Dresden Files game set 3 months after the events of Changes. The city of New Orleans, formerly a stronghold for the Red Court, is now up for grabs. And EVERYONE is trying to grab it. The game will be semi-sandbox in nature. There are things I would like to do, some storylines I'd like to explore. But primarily, the game will be character-driven.

The Players
I'm looking for roughly 5 characters for this game. There is no deadline for applications; when I have enough applications that I like, I'll close the advertisement.

All character applications should be posted in this thread. Yes. This one, right here. I'm not too picky about the layout of your application, provided it has everything I'm looking for (though applications that are well-organized and that look good will certainly have a better chance of acceptance). All characters will be at the SUBMERGED power level (10 Refresh, 35 skill points, Skill Cap at Superb); your characters will be the movers and shakers of the storyline...usually fighting against other movers and shakers. All templates in the rulebook are acceptable except for Red Court Infected. Custom templates are welcome.

Characters should be completely created (all skills, Aspects, etc. finished) up to your first guest-starring role.

As mentioned above, the game will be semi-sandbox. As a result, I'll be more accepting of applications that have a clear goal for their character: finding a lost loved one, solving a mystery, taking over the city, etc. In other words, if you want in, give me plot hooks.

The Setting
The Big Uneasy takes place in New Orleans, three months after the events detailed in Changes. Previously a stronghold for the Red Court, the city has now degenerated into a chaotic mess wherein everyone is vying for control of the Big Easy. The PCs are new to New Orlean's political landscape, whether due to recently arriving there or due to prior apathy on their part.

Information on the Big Easy's supernatural geography can be found in this thread.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread.

Game Description:

Three months isn't a long time...But it's long enough for things to change.

New Orleans has always been a haven for the Red Court. As long as anybody can remember, they've had a stranglehold on the Big Easy. But all that changed as of three months ago. Three months ago, something completely obliterated the Red Court, ending their rule of New Orleans. Now nobody owns the city. Everybody has a slice of the Big Easy, and everybody wants the whole pie.

Mr. Saturday, the enigmatic ruler of the Big Easy's Wyldfae, cuts deals day-in and day-out. Meanwhile, the Summer and Winter Courts clamor to claim the Missisippi Delta and snatch Saturday's seat out from under him. The White Court are gearing up for a civil war bewteen the Raith, Skavis, and Malvora families. The White Council presence is almost nonexistant. There are rumors of weregators in the swamps, the city's two cemetary watch organizations are reporting more and more undead that ever before, and there are stories of things even worse.

New Orleans is a city of chaos, of danger...and of opportunity. The Big Easy stands on the brink of warfare, of disaster. But it's one of the few places where a difference can be made.

Welcome to the Big Uneasy.

Ooh, I'm interested. I have a Minor Talent in mind, using Psychometry and Ghost Speaking to con the idiotic masses. I'll put him in the thread later, once I have access to my books.

I'm already excited at the level of interest being shown. Can't wait to see everyone's applications!

Aaalright, I'm interested
Not sure on a Warder or a rather insanely powerful White Court vampire who might use sponsored magic...

This has piqued my interest. I'm currently shining to the idea of a vanilla mortal to through into the mix.

Ha, ha! I have interest, a thirteen year old memory of New Orleans and I'm on vacation. Hopefully something will come out of it all.

Definitely interested. I'll have to see if I can adapt a scion type character I've been working on to this setting before starting from scratch. Will try and have something up for you later this weekend.

Very interested in this.