Part 4: The Old Sycamore

 
Zarina Ka'thar

Unfamiliar with the reddish bulbs, Zarina nods at Missoi. Glad for once about the cramped height of the tunnel, she reaches for the low-hanging bulb, giving it a sniff to familiarize herself with the root's odor, texture and shape. It smells edible enough, so she tucks it into the pocket of her pack. "You're going to have to show me how to prepare these lest I somehow render them inedible with my cooking," the oracle jests, though she keeps her voice low.



"Hah! Nothing fancy," Missoi responds quietly. "You just boil 'em and season with whatever is on-hand. Nothing to get excited about, but they'll keep you going when you need it most." Seeing Skapti and Dog perk up a bit, Missoi asks, "Do you hear something?"




Itomo

As the second tallest member of the party Itomo is also quite uncomfortable in these tight confines he crouches and keep pace with Zarina and Magnolia ahead, he pays special attention to the darkness behind them, listening for any clue that they are being followed, aware and concerned that the area behind is also unexplored. At the mention of food and cooking his stomach grumbles loud enough for any in his immediate presence to hear.

Unable to find any characters in game 9974

Skapti mumbles in his sleep, shifting in the saddle and murmuring "Shumfing runnings, hee hee..." before settling back to sleep.

Dog points, instantly eager as he hears the sound. His quivering attention is directed in a very specific direction.




Zarina Ka'thar

"Right! It's a root, so...boil them, mash them, maybe even stew them. That should work." Zarina grins back at Missoi somewhat sheepishly. "I should have listened to my mother more when she tried to teach me cooking. But no, I was more interested in learning how to dance."

The Varisian reaches out to Itomo, sympathetically patting his arm when she hears the protests of his empty stomach. Her attention quickly shifts to Skapti and his sleepy mumblings, alarmed at his words. "He heard something!" she hisses, looking around the tunnel for signs or trouble and instinctively moving closer to Itomo and the rest of the group.


You emerge into a large cavern, wet-looking floor is crisscrossed by several shallow trenches, each containing trickles of putrid looking fluid. Six foul mounds of compost and dung lie heaped about the room, each studded with small spherical eggs.

You hear hissing sounds as giant centipedes angrily move to attack!


Encounter Start



Single file only, exit through Missoi's current square.
These dice sets were omitted or moved: 1d20+1, 1d20+3, 1d20+2, 1d20+1, 1d20+2

Round 1

  • The giant centipedes soon charge or scurry towards their intruders quickly overwhelming Vortek with hundreds of legs and poisonous
    1 Charge, 1 Standard attack:
    Dice Roll:
    1d20+4 1d6-1 1d20+2 1d6-1
    d20 Results: 12 (Total = 16)
    d6 Results: 4 (Total = 3)
    d20 Results: 1 (Total = 3)
    d6 Results: 5 (Total = 4)
    fangs, though fortunately, shield and armor keep the critters at bay.



Itomo

Unsure what is happening farther down the tunnel, when Itomo hears the skittering sound of the centipedes he moves up to put himself in front of the unarmored magician and oracle, drawing his rapier he takes a defensive stance.



Unable to find any characters in game 9974

Magnolia the Scrunched Up

Magnolia mutters a few words and waves his hands around. Ectoplasm forms under the centepede's feet. One of the creatures seems more interested in the goo and drops down to examine it more closely, the legs squirming around. The other centipede seems to not care and keeps on with it's malicious intent.


Cast Grease
Target B3-C4
Dice Roll: 1d20+2z
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 19)
Centipede B3 Reflex DC16 vs (19)
Dice Roll: 1d20+2z
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 9)
Centipede B4 Reflex DC16 vs (9) PRONE







 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status