Notices


Part 4: The Old Sycamore

 

Missoi puts a hand on the back of the man in front of him. "Just a moment, Vortek, whilst I prepare myself." That said, he closes his eyes, stirring the energies inside him.

Standard: Activate Mutagen



Zarina Ka'thar

Zarina gags from the stench in front of them, her empty stomach roiling in protest. Grabbing a handful of her scarves, she presses them tightly over her nose and mouth to keep the foul odors out. The skittering sounds ahead make her skin crawl, pebbling her flesh. Still, the oracle acts. Squeezing slightly between Itomo and Skapti, she reaches out to
Cast Guidance on Missoi
close her hand over Missoi's shoulder, the one she believes most likely to vanquish the creatures in front of them. "May the earth beneath your feet grant you aid," she whispers softly before releasing him, leaving behind a warm frisson that radiates throughout his body.

ActionsCast
CASTING

Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S

EFFECT

Range: touch
Target: creature touched
Duration: 1 minute or until discharged
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless); Spell Resistance: yes

DESCRIPTION

This spell imbues the subject with a touch of divine guidance. The creature gets a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. It must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies.
Guidance on Missoi.





Ohh, what an interesting smell you have discovered, and such nice big bugs to boot. I'm really starting to love this place. Vortek drops the sunrod and drawing his sword takes a swing at the creature before him. Slaying the creature he steps into the spot it once occupied, giving his companions room to move forward.

Dice Roll: 1d20+4 1d10+3
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 20)
d10 Results: 2 (Total = 5)
Attack/Damage
free action to drop the sunrod, Move action to draw a weapon, Standard action to kill a centapede, 5' step into D2
Actions



"May it grant us all aid..." mumbles Missoi in response as he prepares to move into action...



Skapti sit up suddenly, grabbing his sword and looking around wildly, "-Whaz goin' on?" All he can see is Missoi's back, and his sword slowly droops, "What bugs!? Skapti can't see!"

Move: Draw Weapon



Round 1 Status



Single file only, exit through Missoi's current square. All medium creatures get -2 to attacks due to the low ceiling

Round 1

  • The prone centipede stands up to receive Vortek's
    Dice Roll: 1d20+2 1d10+3
    d20 Results: 4 (Total = 6)
    d10 Results: 5 (Total = 8)
    blade, but quicly moves out of the way. The creature attacks the highly armored man with it's
    Dice Roll: 1d20+2 1d6-1
    d20 Results: 11 (Total = 13)
    d6 Results: 6 (Total = 5)
    fangs but fails to penetrate the hard steel.
  • The remaining centipedes move in to
    Dice Roll: 1d20+2 1d20+4 1d20+4 1d6-1 1d6-1 1d6-1
    d20 Results: 9 (Total = 11)
    d20 Results: 7 (Total = 11)
    d20 Results: 10 (Total = 14)
    d6 Results: 1 (Total = 0)
    d6 Results: 1 (Total = 0)
    d6 Results: 5 (Total = 4)
    bite the intruder, but the man's armor deflects the creature's mandibles.

Edit: The centipede is no longer prone, I missed that when editing >_>



As one of the giant centipedes follows in Vortek's wake, Missoi
Free action
drops his fauchard, and extends his right hand, out of which
Swift action to release from its spring-loaded wrist sheath
pops a dagger. He takes
Attack C2 - +6 base, -2 low ceiling, +1 Guidance:
Dice Roll:
1d20+5
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 22)
a swing at the insect in front of him, ignoring the cramped quarters as best he can. He smiles as
Damage:
Dice Roll:
1d20+10
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 16)
he fatally slices the creature, and then
Move to B2
moves to make way for his comrades.

Note: new damage (for dagger) would be 1d4+6, which would automatically kill the centipede.

Centipede at C2 is dead.




Magnolia the Scrunched Up

Magnolia says, "Keep edging into the room, pushing in. Else, they can focus their attack.

With not much else to do in the confined space, Magnolia looks at his staff and says, "I should get a longer stick and hit things from further back."


No useful actions really available with everyone in melee



1 - Skapti & Dog

Grimly hanging on, Skapti urges Dog to brush past Missoi so that he can see what is happening. Dog yelps as he steps on the sticky remains of a centipede, automatically lashing out and missing the centipede right in front of him. Skapti's sword sweeps a huge arc through the air, clanging mightily as it cleaves a stalactite in twain! "Bugs!"








 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status