Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

Top ten games

1: Warcraft 1 & 2 (Orcs & Humans, Tides of Darkness.)
2: Streets of Rage series
3: Resident evil 1-3
4: Tomb Raider 1-4
5: Neverwinter Nights (+ expansions!)
6: Magic the gathering
7: Sonic the hedgehog 1-3 & knuckles
8: Theme Park & Hospital (The hospital Manager is cheating, cheating...)
9: Saints Row (2 and the third)
10: Skyrim
Bonus: Myth-Weavers!

My personal List. the only reason the Mario games aren't on the list, is because of Mario as a character. I have no problems with the other characters (in fact, I love most of the cast, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser etc...), but Mario as a character just annoyed me worse than not getting a line piece of tetris in 5 levels... Dunno why, he just did...

Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Fantasy Roleplaying Game (for shame on all of you!)
Quake 2: Weapons Factory
Quake 1: Team Fortress (before Valve bought the rights)
VGA Planets
Warhammer Fantasy Battles / Warhammer 40k (god-awful expensive though, and I have no armies anymore)
Half-Life: Counter Strike
Civilization (all of them, each in their own time)
Diablo 2
Janes: Advanced Tactical Fighter (this one rocks as a campaign with 8 players, but it's like 15 year old)
Starcraft

Purely gonna name computer games here, since I get a feeling that was what the OP meant.
Games in no specific order:

Global agenda: Brilliant action sci fi post apocalyptic mmo like game where skill means more than gear.

Dragon Age Origins: Well you all know it I'm sure xD

Mount & Blade Warband: For the brilliant combat system and overall amazing game, best described as a third person tactical action sandbox rpg.

Neverwinter Nights (+expansions): Much better than the second, so many hours of great story, plus who doesn't love Deekin?

The KOTOR Games: Being a huge Star Wars fan and they are fairly well made, I love those two games, the first was better than the second though.

APB: Well who doesn't love Grand theft auto? Then in an online version, perfect.. xD

Every fallout game out there: Fallout = just epic, nothing more needs saying.

Mass effect series: Again just epic, nothing more needs saying.

Star Wars Galaxies (back in the old days): The game was brilliant, flawed yes, brilliant design, kind of shitty execution of the design, but the game was one of the best in spite of that.

Warhammer Age of Reckoning: Being a PvP player, this game stole my heart, a shame it was ****ed up so badly.

Just adding a note here.

I just got Left 4 Dead 1&2 for ten bucks on Steam for the Halloween sale, and it's really awesome. I can't say for sure if it's a perm on my favs list, but it's pretty cool for sure!

I'm not a really big player of computer games but the ones I've really enjoyed are, in no particular order:
  • Speed Ball 2: Brutal Deluxe
  • Prince of Persia - the one where you had an hour to save the princess and the hardest part was beating that fat guy.
  • Worms
  • Incubation: Time Is Running Out
  • Laser Squad Nemesis
  • and I've recently bought a copy of Blood Bowl (Legendary Edition) which I can't get enough of.

Warlocked: A high-fantasy RTS with a large variety of troops and special units... on the Game Boy Color. And it was good.

Chrono Trigger: Need I say more?

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars: Good story, good battle system, good puzzles... good everything, more or less.

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Chronicles: One of the few truly good Gamecube titles, it told a decent if obtuse story and managed to make single player nearly as enjoyable as multiplayer. Also, Raem. Dear gods, Raem.

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga: With a memorable cast, demanding battle system, and well-integrated in-world puzzles, this Mario Bros. title was among the best that the Game Boy Advance had to offer.

River Raid: The grand-sire of the 2D shooter, this Atari title accounts for countless hours of my childhood.

Worms: A throwback to the old school "Angle-and-Velocity" combat games, Worms manages to be both entertaining and hilarious.

Civilization: All the games are phenomenal in their own right, with the possible exception of "Colonies."

X-Wing: The first flight "simulator" I ever played, and quite possibly the best. Nothing surpasses the feeling of blowing an Imperial Class Star Destroyer into the next century with a well-placed proton torpedo.

1. X-Com: Apocalypse
2. Final Fantasy 8 (my first introduction to the franchise, so I'm nostalgic)
3. Super Mario World
4. Civ 2
5. Portal 2
6. Fallout 1 &2
7. Age of Mythology
8. Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
9. Star Wars: Battlefront 2
10. Donkey Kong Country

I know, most of these are pretty dated, and reflect how long it's been since I've done much gaming on consoles or PC. Still, good games. Just found X-Com: Apocalypse on Steam, and have become re-addicted.

Starcraft 2
Age of Mythology
Age of Empires 2
Pharaoh
Any Pokemon title from the first 4 gens (in particular Yellow Version, my first video game ever)
Super Smash Bros.
M:tG
The whole RPG genre
Civilization 3
Mario & Luigi

All in no particular order.

1. Myth-Weavers!
2. Skyrim
3. NeverWinter Nights 1&2
4. Warcraft 3
5. Starcraft 2
6. Morrowind
7. Dragon Age Origins
8. Halo:Reach
9. Magic The Gathering
10. The Various Warhammer 40k games

Meh on video games. I indulge once in a while, but my spouse plays a lot more than I do.

So I'll do board / card games.

Advanced Civilization (Avalon Hill)
Blokus
Carcassonne
Cranium
Gloom
Guillotine
Ninja Burger
Once Upon a Time
Pandemic
Pickominoes
Quiddler
Seismic
The Settlers of Catan
Shadows Over Camelot
Taluva

Huh. That's 15 rather than 10. Well, I'll just be a complete rebel, then.