4 Lordless Realms

Old Oct 28 '11, 10:22pm
Architect of Madness

4 Lordless Realms

The 7 Realms - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Nov 28 '11
Estimated Members Requested: 4

__________________________________________________________Serious Business__________________________________________________________

I am looking for up to 4 players to fill positions in a possibly unique game. Each player starts as a lord ruling over a small realm wherein they have complete control... Up to a point.
The point being how prepared you are to maintain and exercise that control. With brigands, goblins, undead, rampaging beasts, other lords and even those ridiculous elves getting in the way.

A lot of the campaign is still in production and will probably continue being like that all the way through to the end what with it being homebrewed to a large degree.

The game takes place across turns, which decide how many actions you will be able to carry out, though due to the nature of the game being more RP based you will only notice turns by way of the vents happening in game, rather than a Total War game turn system.

What I expect from players;
Frequent posting.
Attention to important detail.
Lack of really stupid choices.

What can be expected from me;
Frequent posting and updates.
A large amount of flexibility when it comes to less immutable facets of the game.
A random approach to everything.
And so much more.

I have probably messed up a large amount of this ad, because I have never made one before so any questions or criticisms are welcome if not appreciated.

Game Description:

Welcome, lords all to the land of your birthright, the 7 Realms of the west. Know ye that you have come into your own at a most auspicious time, the king doth grow weary of the ineptitude of the lords of his realm and now drives them to survive on their own merit rather than imperial favour. This has caused many of the less astute lords to harbour certain resentments towards the king, forced to defend their realms and provide the king with their services rather than fritter away their time with idle pleasantries but with the might of his army still loyal the king reigns supreme and will brook no dissent.

To take command of a realm now is to walk a fine edge between death and glory as each lord vies to either prove himself worthy above all others or discredit those around him, some few seek to work together in common interest to better their lands and themselves, yet others seek to tear down and take from their neighbors what little they have to ensure their own survival against yet more powerful foes.

Will you be a saviour or a sinner? A lord of justice or tyranny? Only time will tell.

Last edited by Lucky number 13; Oct 28 '11 at 10:23pm..
If that is the criterion...could I make a case for playing an archivist? It would neatly solve the rather limited list of knowledge skills that I get as a warlock, and would somewhat reduce my ability to conduct diplomacy with overly high bonuses, not to mention how that it would fit the theme of the character with far less refluffing than other classes...

Seems interesting. What about a nation of religious fanatics? What pantheon will we be using?

If I may ask, what realms are already taken? How much customization are we allowed of our realm? What races are allow for this?

Shadow dancer is an SRD prestige class, found in DMG3.5. I was thinking on working with you to make a ninja variant as a "ninja/assassin" lord class.

I'm thinking about this. How much can we invest in our capitols stronghold? Just the 10K in the treasury, or a seperate amount to be announced later?

Considering an Elvan Warmage Lord, with a Ranger Cohort. Cities are in the forest, and so on.