Notices

John's Fault

ZhuGuan, half-elf

ZhuGuan has had enough of Kiwk and wants nothing to do with him. He decides walking away may not be the best option at this point and he decides to test his theory.

"I think," he says to John, "your new friend may need a better lesson." There's a menace in his voice as the half-elf walks toward the wall to retrieve his glaive. He keeps a wary but aggressive stance as he walks to the wall.

John glares at Kwik and raises his hand "Come to me Πάγος μαχαίρι" and with that the ice sword appears in his hand. John smiles as he clutches the sword "So after you betrayed the Orcs you were thinking of killing your friend to weren't you? Your nothing but a coward." John said with a calm hiss.

Vicky's attack seems to have no effect on Kiwk. He continues to seem invulnerable to their attacks. The primal forces at play warp, perhaps as a result of this strange dungeon. The primal energies zip and zag through the room before swirling around Allyria. Her skin begins to tingle, and she can see small bruises and scratches begin to heal away. Her body hardens a bit, becoming just a hair more resilient.

Kiwk ignores Guan. His rage seems to be aimed directly at John, and to a lesser extent (for the moment at least) Jared. Apparently whatever these two have said to him has really upset the kobold.

ZhuGuan, half-elf

ZhuGuan raises a curious eyebrow when he hears what John says. He decides to stay where he is for now.

Vicky

Vicky notes to her frustration that the punches don't get through whatever is protecting Kiwk. While she'd rather have Boyikt help them, she's at least thankful that he doesn't attack them.

She looks at John, a tad confused as he speaks of the betrayal -- how can he have learned something the others haven't? She wants to believe that he's doing it for a reason, but doesn't know him too well yet. Could he just be saying it to further enrage him? Whether that is his plan or not, it seems to be working fine.

She decides that her best chance is to try to grapple Kiwk and hope that the others won't stab him while they have the chance. If they get the chance.

John's Fault - Round 4

Getting out here quickly sounds like a plan,' Vicky thinks to herself. She quickly picks up her sword. However, Kiwk looks hellbent on killing someone, and this time she can actually do something to stop it. She takes a step closer, but dare not move too close, to avoid provoking him.

"We will leave now," she lets the two kobolds know. "I hope we'll meet in better circumstances next time. I want to repay my debt," she says, more to Boyikt than to Kiwk.

All the time she is talking, her attention is focused on Kiwk. She fears -- probably with good reason -- that he is not ready to just let them go. "Please don't attack us any more," she pleads him. At the same time she readies herself, should he not abide that suggestion.

Kiwk either doesn't understand or doesn't care. He moves forward, ignoring the damage done to him by Jared's power. Despite his rage, he misses his target. Vicky let's loose with a powerful clap of thunder. Vicky's attack seems to have no effect on Kiwk. He continues to seem invulnerable to their attacks. The primal forces at play warp, perhaps as a result of this strange dungeon. The primal energies zip and zag through the room before swirling around Allyria. Her skin begins to tingle, and she can see small bruises and scratches begin to heal away. Her body hardens a bit, becoming just a hair more resilient. Vicky notes to her frustration that the punches don't get through whatever is protecting Kiwk. While she'd rather have Boyikt help them, she's at least thankful that he doesn't attack them.

ZhuGuan has had enough of Kiwk and wants nothing to do with him. He decides walking away may not be the best option at this point and he decides to test his theory.

"I think," he says to John, "your new friend may need a better lesson."

There's a menace in his voice as the half-elf walks toward the wall to retrieve his glaive. He keeps a wary but aggressive stance as he walks to the wall. Kiwk ignores Guan. His rage seems to be aimed directly at John, and to a lesser extent (for the moment at least) Jared. Apparently whatever these two have said to him has really upset the kobold.

John glares at Kwik and raises his hand. "Come to me Πάγος μαχαίρι" and with that the ice sword appears in his hand. John smiles as he clutches the sword. "So after you betrayed the orcs you were thinking of killing your friend too weren't you? You're nothing but a coward." John says with a calm hiss.

"
Draconic:I will cut out your devil tongue and eat it in a stew!
Io fist cleast eost ost plauttist frullea ist eiust ast ast ia daut!" the kobold rants in reply. Drops of spittle spring forward as his rage increases.

ZhuGuan raises a curious eyebrow when he hears what John says. He decides to stay where he is for now. Guan watches Kiwk closely. Watches the unfolding battle closely. He starts analyzing what is happening, trying to figure out just what is really going on here.Vicky looks at John, a tad confused as he speaks of the betrayal -- how can he have learned something the others haven't? She wants to believe that he's doing it for a reason, but doesn't know him too well yet. Could he just be saying it to further enrage him? Whether that is his plan or not, it seems to be working fine.

Vicky decides that her best chance is to try to grapple Kiwk and hope that the others won't stab him while they have the chance. If they get the chance. The shadows that had been around Kiwk, flow back towards the kobold. However as they begin circling him again they seem to lighten and become less threatening.

Jared shakes his head and snaps "
Draconic:What's wrong with you, Kiwk. Do you not want to live. We're trying to leave, and you pressing your attack is only going to end in one way.
Reiast'st dust fist e, Dist. Plae e spust feiast frae bitta. Fa'da dist frae botta, ist e rgaublist ost iffeiast ast aullui crist frae ust ast ausqa fua."

"I'm lost..." states Allyria. "Now he betrayed the orcs? He told you this John?"

"NO!" screams Boyikt. "He lie! Vampire lie! I save Kiwk!" Not willing to watch his companion killed because of something he knows is untrue, Boyikt decides to step into the battle to put an end to John's lie-spreading.

The kobold wizard speeds a blue energy bolt towards John. It slams into him surprisingly
9 damage
hard. Kiwk smiles when he sees his leader finally coming around to realize that these traitorous fiends can be trusted no better than the orcs could be.

"Crap..." mutters Allyria when she sees Boyikt spring into the fight. Allyria moves up the pile of rocks, and then turns her attention towards her bird-friend. "Vicky?" The one word speaks volumes. It is obvious by her tone that she is asking Vicky what she should do - how she should help.

Vicky

Vicky returns Allyria's questioning look. 'This is getting worse by the moment,' she thinks to herself when Boyikt joins the fray.

She tries to think rationally -- or at least, as rationally as she's capable of at the moment.

'John is saying things I have no way to confirm about the kobold,' she notes. 'But even if he knows for sure, he could just have told us in private.'.

She looks towards the twice-dead elf. 'depending on his personality, of course.' she adds. 'But unless he's extremely bad at human interaction, he must know he's provoking the kobold, so it might be intentional.'

Looking at Kiwk, she quickly figures that he isn't going to give up anytime soon. And the major problem at the moment is that she likes Boyikt... she don't want to kill, much less be killed by the only ally in this place.

She finally reaches a decision -- if John wants so badly to provoke and kill or be killed by the kobold, she can't really stop him.

"Boyikt," she calls to the wizard. "I am very sorry about this. At least I need not participate in this madness. Please let us leave peacefully." She bows as she says the final sentence.

With that, she walks away from the fight without adding anything more to it. "John, please abandon this stupidity and leave with us," she pleads him one final time.

"Allyria," she calls out to her friend, "Pick up Jack, and let's get out of here."

Unable to stop it, a tear emerges from her eye. It hurts her so much to reach this decision, yet she could see no better alternative.

ZhuGuan, half-elf

Nothing about the the little kobolds behavior was endearing. ZhuGuan did know one thing though, as long as the antagonists were in the room nothing good would come of it.

"John! Jared! Out! Now!" The half-elf directed pointing toward the door. "Vicky," he said in a much calmer tone, "you may be the only person who can still talk to them. If you're interested, I'll wait just outside. Jared, grab Jack's things by the door. John, get Jack out of here. We need to give him a proper burial in this place." He looks about the ceiling and is again reminded about it's flimsy state.

"I'll grab John's stuff. Boyikt, try to calm Kiwk."