The Altar (Attendance Bonuses)
Before you is the altar room of the Inn. It is said that those heroes that are relentless in their pursuits who offer up a sacrifice are awarded knowledge from the beyond.
The Altar is designed to lightly reward players for regular activity at the Crossroads Inn.
- To claim an alter reward you must post in character 7/7 days in a given week starting on 12:01 am Monday through 12:00 pm on Sunday, OR, you can also qualify for a larger bonus by posting every day of a given month (same time restrictions). Special Holiday bonuses will also apply (but are currently under deliberation).
- If you are in a time zone other than EST and that will affect your qualifications, please note that in your submission.
- If you were unable to post IC due to in game restrictions, include any applicable “check in” posts, that were added to the “Check In” thread. Be sure to include the character name that you're checking in for in this post, as player's are permitted more than 1 character. For more details read checking in, below.
- You must link each post to qualify you for the bonus, only 1 per day is required. To determine your post's link, please right click the time stamp and select "copy link adress". Paste all of the links in order in this thread.
- IC post, you are not required to, but for the purposes of RP your character can indulge in a "sacrifice" at the alter which can be anything you decide though it should have some personal significance to the character (a drop of blood, a strand of hair, an enemy ear, whatever suits you). In story terms, if your dedication proves true (you posted as per requirements) your sacrifice will be accepted and you will be rewarded.
- Be sure to use the suggested posting format, for the character that is receiving the bonus as it has a link to it's character sheet. If you do not include the suggested posting format YOU MUST INCLUDE that link in your post or you will not receive the bonus.
To claim your reward you must post in this thread within 3 days of qualifying for it.
- If at any point the MW site goes down site wide for more than 1 hour in a 24 hour period you will be given a pass for the altar for that particular 24 hour period. Loss of internet connection on your end does NOT constitute a pass. While we sympathize with various factors beyond anyone's control such as weather and the like, we cannot reasonably account for it.
- For the sake of simplicity you do NOT need to be at the inn to claim your bonus, though it is assumed this occurs at the next available chance your character has at the Inn. The bonus, however, is immediately added to your character.
- If you qualify for a 7/7 weekly reward you will be given 1% of the total required experience to reach your next level.
- If you qualify for a full month of posting you must compile all posts, from the previous weeks that you have claimed in this thread as well as any straggler days from partial weeks for the month (this bonus will become available to qualify for starting on Dec 1, 2011). If qualified for you will recieve a bonus 1%, bringing your total to 5% for the month!
- Leveling from this bonus cannot occur for your character if you are in an adventure until your DM allows for a rest point.
- If you reach a 10% margin of the required experience for your level (see IG calculator), you will also receive your standard IG reward. This bonus is delivered via Jammayich, a crazy golden imp that sometimes leaves IG in various places (in this case, somewhere in the PC's Private Chambers.
If a character is capable of posting IC and it is reasonable for them to post, then they should do so. However, players may not be able to post due to any of the following reasons;
- Waiting on the DM to post, before taking a vital action.
- Waiting on player to post, before taking a vital action.
- It is during combat, and it's not your turn to act.
There are even more circumstances than the above, but the rule of thumb, when in doubt, post IC.
If you're worried that the DM will disagree with your decision, toss a note up in the ooc as to why you feel the game is being held up, so they know why you think there is a hold up.
DO NOT check in when the party is waiting on an IC response from your character, this automatically disqualifies you from the bonus.
If you post IC (if at all possible, if not an OOC is accepted) on the day before, of, or after during Nov 24 and Dec 25 of 2011 and Jan 1 2012 you gain an in-game bonus of a +1 bonus to any 1d20 die roll*. This bonus expires in 90 days from when it is awarded and must be claimed in the usual methods listed above.
*this bonus follows standard 3.5 rules for bonuses (they don't stack with each other). This bonus must be declared at the time of the roll and not retroactively.
If you earn all three of those you also are awarded (when you claim your third bonus, indicate you have all three) a special bonus of a token that expires July 1, 2012 that mechanically operates exactly like a potion of cure moderate wounds and operates at CL3, it may be used as a swift action, after being used, the coin remains but is powerless and cannot be recharged. It is of negligible value but you are free to keep it as a collectible, trade it, or otherwise use it for RP purposes.