Notices

OOC-Questions

hey, thanks Fritz for starting this game.
Question:
this is the first time i ever played a game on MythWeavers (till now i've been watching the game ad section like a hawk).
So we just put an application, in the application thread and then if you accept, we can join the game, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pailyn View Post
So we just put an application, in the application thread and then if you accept, we can join the game, right?
Yep. Just follow the format given in the ad under the Applying section. Rolling for characteristics, etc. will help you get acquainted with the dice roller too. If you have any questions just post here or PM me.

Quote:
Can I use these fanmade rules for creating an Iron Snakes character?
That looks okay to me. As per discussion in that thread, I don't like that the demeanor has a mechanical effect beyond acting like a Fate point, so scrap the cohesion penalty. What are you thinking regarding the Chapter Attack Pattern? I kind of like the Breaking the Wave pattern another poster put in that thread, though I'd drop the improvement to just -10 on enemy dodge rolls instead of -20. You're free to take any of the generic patterns in Rites of Battle, of course.

It seems that the fanmade chapter rules aren't really as complete as I would like. I think I'm just going to go Ultramarine or a successor chapter instead to make things simpler for myself. I haven't played Deathwatch in awhile.

finished my application....wooo that was long...
Artemis Marr the dour apothecary from the Imperial Fists

i noticed there is a
  • In the character sheet intimidate and dodge are non-trained basic skills while in page 36 they are trained
  • Barter is an advanced skill but is marked incorrectly as a basic skill
  • The character sheet says that we have forbidden lore(xenos) and common lore (deathwatch) trained, but page 36 says we dont have that skill
difference in starting skills in the deathwatch character sheet and the starting skills mentioned in page 36 of the deathwatch core rulebook.

I modified my application character sheet (pdf and text) to show only the skills and talents that was available and trained in page 36.

Let me know if i messed up somewhere

What's our starting Renown and Requisition? Apologies if I just missed it.

EDIT: I also need to know the answer to pailyn's question, since I thought Dodge was not a trained skill and bought it with XP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicLunacy View Post
What's our starting Renown and Requisition? Apologies if I just missed it.

EDIT: I also need to know the answer to pailyn's question, since I thought Dodge was not a trained skill and bought it with XP.
Requisition rating for the mission will be 55.
Renown will start at 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pailyn View Post
finished my application....wooo that was long...
Artemis Marr the dour apothecary from the Imperial Fists

i noticed there is a
  • In the character sheet intimidate and dodge are non-trained basic skills while in page 36 they are trained
  • Barter is an advanced skill but is marked incorrectly as a basic skill
  • The character sheet says that we have forbidden lore(xenos) and common lore (deathwatch) trained, but page 36 says we dont have that skill
difference in starting skills in the deathwatch character sheet and the starting skills mentioned in page 36 of the deathwatch core rulebook.

I modified my application character sheet (pdf and text) to show only the skills and talents that was available and trained in page 36.

Let me know if i messed up somewhere
Dodge not being marked trained in the sheet is indeed incorrect. Barter is also an advanced skill. Sorry about that, I forgot to mention. It's a widely known error that somehow has never been addressed in errata.

Speaking of Errata, don't forget to include Unarmed Warrior in your starting talents.

However, Forbidden Lore (xenos) and Common Lore (deathwatch) are both correct; they hid those in the section entitled "Deathwatch Hypno Conditioning" on pg. 36.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz der Fuchs View Post
Dodge not being marked trained in the sheet is indeed incorrect. Barter is also an advanced skill. Sorry about that, I forgot to mention. It's a widely known error that somehow has never been addressed in errata.

Speaking of Errata, don't forget to include Unarmed Warrior in your starting talents.

However, Forbidden Lore (xenos) and Common Lore (deathwatch) are both correct; they hid those in the section entitled "Deathwatch Hypno Conditioning" on pg. 36.
Ok, updating my character sheet to include FB lore(Xenos ) and common Lore (Deathwatch).

what about intimidate, and the Deathwatch Training Talent (also on pg 36)?