Fresh Blood for Winter Court

Old Nov 15 '11, 12:18am
Great Wyrm

Fresh Blood for Winter Court

The Second Clan War - Forum
Legend of the Five Rings 3e
Ad Closes: Dec 1 '11
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Need some fresh players to begin the second chapter of an L5R 4th Edition Game.

Feel free to look over the material in the game already, post up concepts here or in PM and we'll talk.

What I'm looking for... is characters with a good reason to be at the Winter Court. There is a lot of leeway with importance of person, magistrates, small governors, etc are all allowed but you will be working with only enough insight to be Rank 2 tops - so your character has either inherited the position or has largely been unspectacular. That said, that should not be a reason to try and come up with bland ideas and nothing is forced there.

The Winter Court storyline will be featuring a showdown between the two heirs to the Imperial line while their mother looks on from the throne. So further information will be provided to get your character in one of the two camps.

Its a largely character driven game - most scenes are player initiated. I keep a large number of PCs involved and steer the ship here and there - so make sure you have a dynamic and interesting character idea.

Game Description:

It is summer in the year 1210 of the Isawa Calendar. Iweko I, the Child of Heaven and Divine Empress of Rokugan, died three years ago. With her died thirty years of peace in the Emerald Empire. Her eldest daughter was long dead at the time of her passing, leaving only Iweko Kanashime and Iweko Yoshio to claim the throne. In the same Winter Court that marked the passing of Iweko I, Iweko Yoshio was severely injured as his sister revealed deep connections to the Lying Darkness in a bid for the throne.

The two Imperial heirs have fought a shadow war in the years since. The samurai Clans of Rokugan array behind one heir or the other, marshaling their own forces as the Imperial Legions descend into chaos. It is an era of madness and pain as the Iweko Dynasty withers on the vine.

The Ikoma historians would later call this period The Second Clan War.

In The Second Clan War, a roleplay-heavy adventure for Legend of the Five Rings 4th Edition, players can look forward to many opportunities. Players will create an “adventuring” character and a second, “lord”, character. Lord characters will offer players the opportunity to play as and define important personages in the setting such as the Jeweled Champions, Imperial Governor, and Clan Champions.

This game promises lots of individual player interaction as well as giving them the chance to define a new era in storied Rokugan.

Just gonna pop my head in to say that this is an L5R game done right. It's tons of fun and, if you have any interest in the system/setting at all, you should totally do yourself a favour and get in on it.

i'm soooo in. where do you want character concepts etc posted and what do we have as far as representation for the clans. i'm interested in playing a moto priest of the lords of death if there are any rules for it out there/ we might be ale to come up with something. i'm also very flexible and will play whatever clan needs representation/back-up at court. i love this setting and would find it fun to play a character from any clan, interested in playing a shugenja type though as i've never done it. samurai are just way to cool. anywhos i wanna play, where can i post,

For now use this thread for posting up characters, you can private tag what you like. Build on 70pts.

Checking for Moto Death Priest, pretty sure they are in something...

Hmm, might submit a monk for this, higher than starting build intrigues me. Anywhere I can read up on the fluff for the destroyer war?

The aeg website or l5 r wiki are both great spots for info about the destroyer war