CRI Open Recruiting, Group E! FCFS!!!

Old Nov 22 '11, 8:03am
Great Wyrm

CRI Open Recruiting, Group E! FCFS!!!

The Crossroads Inn - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Welcome!

But it is the province of religion, of philosophy, of pure poetry only, to go beyond life, beyond time, into eternity.
-de Vigny

Welcome adventurer! Though this place is known by many names: The Dreaming Dragon, The Inn-Between Worlds, The Inn of Infinite Doors... there are other names too but most of us just call it the Crossroads Inn. Hopefully, like many of us, you'll come to think of this place as 'home'.
You can call me 'The Hostess', because that's what I do here and I don't remember having any other name.
I know this is all very confusing. No one comes here on purpose. But, now you're here, so make the best of things! Here, let me show you around...

Hello, WoLT here! Bringer of the MW GUIDES and Executive Producer on the MW Module currently in production as well as many other projects...

...and now also proud head of the executive team of THE CROSSROADS INN!

I have great news for you! I've been working with over a dozen other Dungeon Masters on our not-so-secret collabo gaming project for D&D 3.5 and...

We are now taking the next group of open recruiting for players! (group E)

We have received a lot of interest in this project and already have many players already active and participating in adventures and arena battles, not to mention creating RP atmosphere in the pub!

Who are we looking for?

-A Player is creative and fun to play with
-A Player has good posting habits
-Will likely enjoy this game

and that's it! Have some crazy concept for your character? Worry now, you are given creative liberties (though not mechanical liberties) unlike that which you will find in pretty much any other game you're likely to come across. We have characters from token campaign settings, future worlds, homebrews, mysterious backgrounds... it's all welcome! (though we do encourage you to be creative and have fun with the wide array of options available).

Here at the Crossroads Inn you can also expect to have other great players to play with and a whole staff of experienced DMs preparing adventures just for you!

Right now we are only accepting five players on a first come, first serve basis. While you may decide to adventure with some of the applicants here you are NOT going to create a team, just a character that you want to play.

Reasons to want to play:

Don't you hate when you play a great game with a character you love and the adventure is over and you don't get to play your character anymore?

Ever have trouble getting your favorite character concept to fit into a game world and have to modify the background so much it doesn't even feel like the same character anymore?

Are you new to MW and having trouble finding a game?

Ever wish you could play with lots of different people to learn from them and experience what it's like to not be with the same players all the time?

Ever want to join a game where you had the potential to one day apprentice and move up to be a DM?

Ever want to try out some new and interesting setting ideas but didn't want to commit to a whole campaign that could take years to play out?

The Crossroads Inn may just be exactly what you're looking for!

So... What is the Crossroads Inn?

The Crossroads Inn is a new kind of game on Myth-Weavers. It has a persistent static setting of an Inn where players meet and obtain quests and travel through dimensional doors that take them to literally any kind of world or adventure that your DM can come up with in any kind of setting they would like to run! The possibilities are literally limitless! Characters can thus literally jump into game worlds with random parties and go to new kinds of worlds all the time! Once in a game world you will play out adventures of any kind imaginable with very minimal restrictions. An entire team of DMs runs various adventures of any kind they wish and players are free to play in any of the games they qualify for (based on level and sometimes other restrictions depending on the adventure design).

So...

Where to begin?
  • Take the Tour!: Familiarize yourself by taking the tour that all new players experience. This will help you understand what it is your character is walking into.

Now that you know about what's up... Lets find out if the Crossroads Inn is right for you, shall we?
  • Character Creation Rules: character creation rules are kept to a minimum to allow maximum access for new players. Out of necessity, all source material is restricted to the official SRD.
  • House Rules: For the sake of simplicity, house rules are kept to an absolute minimum and provide the easiest solutions to the complex problems inherent to a game of this type.
  • Prerequisites:
    Q) Can I be a DM?
    A) YES PLEASE!!!

We encourage players of this game to eventually become DMs, especially if they are experienced as 3.5 DMs to begin with.

Reviewing this page is good for every player though as it will help you understand what it is the DMs are responsible for. It is good to know your rights as a player as well as understand the monumental tasks of what it is the DMs are doing behind the scenes.

If you are interested in becoming a DM please PM me directly at this time or contact me later through Room 0
Does this sound exciting to you? Are you ready to play that character you've always wanted to play but never got the chance to? Apply now! You don't have anything to lose! The only qualification is that the character meets the specified criteria for rules, the concept of the character itself is entirely up to you!

Join Now!

Applications will be accepted based on a first come first serve basis. This is not FCFS for posting interest, but actual submission of a character in proper game format in this thread. That means the first 5 to post a finished character here that is ready to be audited will be accepted. I still expect you to post interest when engaging the thread.

Feel free to ask questions if you are confused, but please be aware that our wiki pages are rather extensive and complete and thus you can answer most any question you might invent simply by looking in the appropriate area.

Just as a heads up, this is a BIG project, it may take a while for you to get familiar with it. That's OK. If you don't have the time right now to be one of the first 5 done, we will still be recruiting more groups of players as we are able to take them, take the time to review the material and post interest anyway, we'll keep you on a list of interested persons

Game Description:

Welcome adventurer! Though this place is known by many names: The Dreaming Dragon, The Inn-Between Worlds, The Inn of Infinite Doors... there are other names too but most of us just call it the Crossroads Inn. Hopefully, like many of us, you'll come to think of this place as 'home'.

You can call me 'The Hostess', because that's what I do here and I don't remember having any other name.
I know this is all very confusing. No one comes here on purpose. But, now you're here, so make the best of things! Here, let me show you around...

AKK Site (music, web design)

Last edited by World of L_Tiene; Nov 23 '11 at 4:53am..
Made an OOPS.

This is listed as GURPS 4ed and linked to MW GUIDES.

It should be linked to http://www.myth-weavers.com/game.php?g=10415 this game, which is D&D 3.5.

A request has already been put in to fix it.

The game is now listed under the correct terms*** the former error is amended

where do i post my character ?
thanks

lv 1? I read no variant rules, SRD variant prestige classes and paragon classes allowed? do alignment restrictions still exist (monk, bard, and paladins)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginx View Post
lv 1? I read no variant rules, SRD variant prestige classes and paragon classes allowed? do alignment restrictions still exist (monk, bard, and paladins)?
As is stated, no varient rules are allowed at this time.

We are currently in deliberation about if and when to expand to include some select variant rules, but at this time the answer is no.

Alignment restrictions are considered standard with exception to the house rule noted in character creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samayueren View Post
where do i post my character ?
thanks
In this thread with the template provided, please be certain you use the proper template, we will not accept character sheets, thanks

Done I think…

Balthazar Faalstad

Knowledge is everything but this is so shiny…

Characteristics Race: Gnome
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class:Rogue
Level:1
Current Experience:0

Player Hardin has completed the preliminary step and will now be sent an invite.

4 spots remain.