Notices

The Underdark: Into the Abyss

Old Nov 23 '11, 8:00am
Great Wyrm King

The Underdark: Into the Abyss

Lolths Underdark - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 6

This will be an evil drow adventure, CL7 characters or there abouts with particular emphasis on murder and intrigue. If you are like me and you enjoy cold blooded murder and violence then hold on tight as you are going on a terrifying ride of utter mayhem.

As a DM, I have been roleplaying for over 20 years and still enjoy mixing it up as a player and running open ended adventures to allow players to pursue their whims. Sometimes people conflict, its only part of human nature however I strongly believe in having fun so as long as everyone follows my house rules, then hopefully the conflict part can be minimised

As a Player, I am looking for a group who... have an active imagination, can express themselves well in the written form, are happy to take on tough challenges and lastly are prepared for... gasp... character death. (Yes it may happen sometimes)

If thats you... then read on and even better, check out my forum to help you get a grasp on your character building options. Feel free to use this forum for any general discussion, comments or general questions.

Application Info

This is to be a predominately Drow campaign, set in the Underdark in a world based loosely on Faerun's Underdark. There will be a few world tweaks to keep everyone guessing. All designed for greater enjoyment

Quick Thread Links CHARACTER OPTIONS |
Please make your Dice rolls in the same post as your Application, just go in and edit the post to update and add your application to it.
DICE ROLLING & APPLICATIONS | BUILD QUESTIONS

Allowed Source Books (Other D&D 3.5 ed source books may be available by DM approval)
  • Players Handbook I, II
  • Dungeon Masters Guide I, II
  • Unearthed Arcana
  • Drow of the Underdark
  • Underdark, Forgotten Realms
  • Dungeonscape
  • Spell Compendium
  • Magic Item Compendium
  • Book of Vile Darkness
  • All Complete's
  • All Races
  • All Monster Manuals
  • Tome of Magic
  • Heroes of Horror

My estimated posting rate will be every 2 or 3 days, when I do post however there may be a chance for multiple postings as I stay logged on

Game Description:

The Underdark

Deep beneath the surface another subterranean world exists where vast networks of underground caverns and tunnels traverse a largely unexplored dark realm. It is home to many strange and wonderful creatures both great and small, who live in the various depths of the 'Underdark'... or 'the Deep' as known to others. Foul evil creatures have been found wandering the depths where few dare to tread, deep down below where it is said infernal demons inflict terror and beings that best not be named dwell and guard the dark portal to the Abyss.

Lolths Empire

Lolths children, the Drow have conquered and rule vast areas of the Underdark with an iron grip spreading Lolths will over the region. Subjugating the conquered races of Goblins, Deep Dwarves and other primitive races into slaves, the Drow have been strip mining precious Mithral and Adamantine found in 'the Deep', building the mighty armoury of Lolths grand army.

Prince Xizor, son of Lolth, and Grand Marshall of the combined military might of Lolths Empire has fought a long military campaign expanding the Empire. At last the wars against the Deep Dwarves are all but won, as only a few clans continue to hold out in their impenetrable strongholds, one such clan has taken Prince Xizors attention with their mechanical Spider war machines. However as Lolths grand army returns victorious with the Deep Dwarven King in chains, new plans are being put into motion...

In the Capital City of Xizon, a national holiday to mark the successful conquest as been decreed. A gathering of the most powerful Drow in the realm is coming together as Noble Houses arrive under the wishes of Prince Xizor, dangerous times indeed...

Into the Abyss

After the destruction of the Drow house of the Abyss, from the rubble the survivors find themselves prisoners of a terrifying Mindflayer onboard the Nautilis. A Ship that travels the planes in search of quintessence... now the few survivors find themselves at the mercy of the evil Illithid while their souls are sent into the Astral Plane to the Githyanki city of Tu'narath.

A city where Githyanki have ruled for centuries, a militaristic city at war with the Githzerai and ever watchful for their hated enemy... the Mindflayers.

What sort of campaign will this be? Are we serving a common master, hatching our own schemes, trying to achieve some grand goal, solving a mystery, competing with each other...what? Obviously, with drow, things aren't going to be as simple as they appear, and there will be some degree of internal competition, but what sort of game style ought we anticipate?

Thinking about a Dread Necromancer. I've never had the opportunity to play one, despite having HoH for years.

Well my last ad was called Drow, Murder and Intrigue.

But basically YES to all of the above.

Game style is bloody gorey mayhem and the occassional lighter moments, kinda like a horror show. I like to provide challenges, push your buttons and throw in the unexpected to keep things interesting.

Please include book and page numbers for reference, it makes things easier.

EDIT: check out the archived folder in the game forum, there are lots of old game threads there to check out if you are interested.

A Dread Necromancer would be appropriate as a female drow priestess or a devout follower (Church of Kiaransalee)

Interesting.

I'll see If I can bring up anything worthy of this.

Tommorrow is ok. I prefer quality so I am going to keep the applications open long enough for everyone with good concepts to finish their applications.

Probably 2 weeks or there abouts.