Notices


Chapter 1: Fodder!

 
Fortune



'So far, so good,' Fortune thinks to herself. 'However, those vats are there for a reason. This could turn real painful unless we play our cards correctly.'

She quickly reconsiders the original plan, to seek cover by the gate. If they do that, the kobolds are bound to come rushing to the gate towers quickly, and then there is no reason why they won't have a lot of oil on their heads.

"Shoot down the kobolds on the gate towers," she calls out to the others, "And keep to the left."

She glances towards the archers remaining on the left side of the gate, and unleashes a lash of pain from her mind. Not wanting to turn into an arrow cushion, she moves up to the wall, taking cover from most of the remaining archers.

Dropping his end of the shield, the human pushes himself up to the gate and immediately pulls out a crowbar and sets to work on the hinges, oblivious to the goings on around him as he seems to be focused on getting in.

Fortune's attack kills three more kobolds. Meanwhile, Nurse makes his way up to the wall ans successfully removes one of the gate hinges on the left side. However, since he was helping Eduardo carry the battering ram, you now have no way to manage both of the shields and the ram at the same time. In fact, managing the ram at all is like to take the rest of you--even if you leave the shields on the ground!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wall_2a.jpg (67.6 KB, 0 views)

Tarner drops the shield. Suddenly, he disappears are reappears at a point east of where he was. His hand waves at the nearest kobold. "May the Dark One satiate himself on your soul!" he cries, then a crackling bolt of purple energy shoots from his hand towards the kobold. Then, seeming to find renewed strength and an idea, a giant dark hand appears, and attempts to wrench the vat of oil back.


Eduardo looks incredulously as the other human helping with him the ram unceremoniously drops his end and runs off to work on the hinges. What the hell is wrong with you? he yells at the anonymous team member and vainly pulls on the now too-heavy piece of wood.

The situation is compounded by Tanner simply teleporting off with the cover that was supposed to be used for the ram, and suddenly, Eduardo is feeling very, very alone, standing in front of a gate, with no cover or help in carrying out his part of the job. Is everyone here too retarded to stick to a forsaken plan? To hell with all of you . . .

The bard drops the ram and moves past the caltrops to the bottom of the gate, weaving a magical ward with his free hand, and draws the sword with his other one. We are dead men at this point.



Gruunk Bloodfist
Half-orc Barbarian (Berserker)
Current HP: 33/33 Bloodied: 17
Healing Surges Used: 0/9 (8)
Resources Used:

Conditions:




Gruunk watches as the plan goes to hell. He grunts in agreement with the bard, but offer any additional words. He grabs his loinclothe and shakes his manhood at the battering ram (surely a grave insult in any culture, doubly so in orcish culture). Moving toward the gate, he pulls out a crowbar and begins unbinding the door itself, finishing the work the strange human began.


Tarner's spell misses the kobold, but he does manage to spill the vat of oil. Unfortunately, it's not a controlled spill but more of an explosion--an explosion which catches one of the kobolds in the blast radius! Meanwhile, every kobold on that side of the wall draw on Tarner. In a minute, he's liable to be a pincushion.

Meanwhile, behind you Nymeria starts screamig bloody murder as your breaching plan comes apart. It's a good bet that if you're not inside those walls in the next 30-seconds, things are gonna get UGLY!

Fortunately, Gruunk grabs a crowbar and starts prying madly at the gate. You can hear the locking bar behind the gate cracking, and on the walls, kobolds stop rushing to meet you. Instead, you hear them forming up behind barricades on the other side.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wall_Rnd 3.jpg (66.8 KB, 0 views)

Seeing things going from bad to worse behind him, Nurse works fervently on the gate again.

Fortune



Fortune curses under her breath as the kobolds pour hot oil on her allies. She had tried to stop that plan, but failed miserably. Focusing her mental curses, she sends a burst of psychic pain at the two responsible for the scolding pain. At least she gets the satisfaction of feeling their minds blown, their lifeless husks falling like two rag dolls.

She moves up to the gate, moving carefully not to step on any caltrops. The three by the door looks seared by the oil, but still alive enough to keep working on their task. She offers no comfort or advice -- they aren't there by choice, and they're all doing the best they can. Hopefully.

She glances towards the metal-golem, not understanding what it's doing. Or more precisely why. 'Hopefully, he is controlled more by rationality than emotions,' she thinks to herself, turning her focus back to the door and the others working on it.

Gruunk Bloodfist
Half-orc Barbarian (Berserker)
Current HP: 33/33 Bloodied: 17
Healing Surges Used: 0/9 (8)
Resources Used:

Conditions:


Gruunk spies the cauldron if liquid fire and deftly dodges out of the way. He tries but is unable to push Eduardo out of the way. "Crap," he says definitely and with renewed vigor goes after the gate.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us