Notices

Exploring the Ship: Artemis

Artemis' knife strikes true, piercing the servitor's leg. Yellowish pus bubbles from the wound. The second servitor swings its arm at Artemis while the first levers itself to its feet. The blow swings wide again, missing Artemis by a hairsbreadth.

The built-in vox in Artemis' helmet crackles and then a clear, crisp voice comes through.

"Brothers, this is Sergeant Camael. I have been forced to destroy two servitors after they attacked myself and an enginseer. There is a heretic aboard this ship. Please inform Captain Lan that he should have all servitors rounded up for examination."

Muttering a curse of his own, Artemis raises his bolt pistol and
Standard Attack
Half Action
Need to beat my base 48 BS.
Shooting Servitor B single shot:
Dice Roll:
1d100u48
d100 Results: 66 (Total failures = 2)

shoots the Uninjured Servitor.

As the bullet misses the cursing Servitor Artemis
Standard Attack
Half Action
Need to beat my base 48 BS.
Shooting Servitor A single shot:
Dice Roll:
1d100u48
d100 Results: 70 (Total failures = 3)

fires another shot to the other cyborg. However the second bolt also is far off the mark.

Artemis Marr did want to reply, but due to his pre-occupment, it will have to wait.

Mindless and implacable, the servitors close once again, one swinging high and the other low to try and catch Artemis flat footed.

The Astartes attempts to
Dodging. once again needs a 57.
Dice Roll: 1d100u57
d100 Results: 75 (Total failures = 2)

weave through the servitors once again, especially trying to avoid the vice aimed for his chest, but fails. One of the servitors have finally landed a blow.

The servitor's mechanical strength is great, the two tines pounding through ceramite and adamantine plating. It wrenches them free, leaving a pair of ragged punctures in the armor. Some blood oozes slowly from the holes before Artemis' enhanced clotting factor staunches the flow.

A shudder of pain flows down Artemis's chest, as his hardening blood stained his black armor. The red of his own blood mingling with the blue-green streaks that already existed.

A cool anger washed over the apothecary. These abominations will die by Artemis's hands. Once again the space marine
Im attempting to use the tactics skill test. Free action (based on the last time), I have an intelligence of 51, and i am trained in Tactics (Defensive Doctrine) at +20 (so by my belief, im rolling under 71).
Tactics(Defensive doctrine, looking for places for defensive areas):
Dice Roll:
1d100u71
d100 Results: 54 (Total successes = 2)

looked around for defensive locations in the room, before
Standard Attack
Half Action
Base WS 45. Need to beat a base 45.
standard melee attack to Servitor A :
Dice Roll:
1d100u45
d100 Results: 61 (Total failures = 2)
swiping at the Servitor that stabbed him.

The knife missing the servitor, Artemis
Standard Attack
Half Action
Base WS 45. Need to beat a base 45.
standard melee attack to Servitor A :
Dice Roll:
1d100u45
d100 Results: 31 (Total successes = 2)
stabs again.

The quick stab sails towards and
Since the servitor did an all out attack, he can't dodge or parry.
damage:
Passed WS test by 1 degree of success.
My SB is 8 (6 Base + 2 from power armor)
I do the following damage.
melee attack Damage to Servitor A :
Dice Roll:
1d10+2+8
d10 Results: 4 (Total = 14)

So 14 Rending Damage with pen 2 to Servitor A's Right Arm.
penetrates the injured servitor's right arm.

Casting about for a more defensive position, Artemis notices that to his left a narrow passage created by the wall and some of the heavy medical machinery would keep only one servitor able to attack him at a time while hindering the movement of their bulky arms.

Artemis' thrust snags on a fluid line, the adamantine forged blade tearing through it. Black lubricant sprays like blood from an arterial wound. Still, the servitor keeps on, though its arm moves notably slower with the cut line.

Ducking the swifter of the two servitor's attack, Artemis catches its companion's blow in the chest. A single point of the vice pierces the armor, though not as deeply as before.

"Hold on, Apothecary!" Hefting a Godwyn-de'az bolter, Magdalena takes aim at the damaged servitor. "Purge the unclean!"
Sister Magdalena appears, hefting a Godwyn-De'az bolter, looking for all the world like a true sister of battle.
She fires a rapid burst at the servitor, but the shots go wide, shredding a hospital bed to Artemis' left.

Artemis flinched as the servitor punctured his armor again, drawing Astartes blood. It amazed the apothecary to no end the resilience of these servitors.

The aid from Magdalena was also unexpected, but appreciated.

I assume, that you have successfully...ugh.. - began Artemis as he
Standard Attack
Half Action
Base BS 48.
standard balistic attack to Servitor A :
Dice Roll:
1d100u48
d100 Results: 78 (Total failures = 3)
fired
his pistol at the damaged servitor. As another bolt completely misses the damaged servitor, the Space Marine ineffectively
Using Knock Down
Half Action.
Needs to make an opposed strength against servitor.
Base Str is 35. The Power Armor adds +20 to my Str. I need to beat 55 and have more degrees of success than the servitor.
Knock Down opposed test:
Dice Roll:
1d100u55
d100 Results: 98 (Total failures = 5)
kicks the other servitor, trying to force it on the ground.

Magdalena looses another barrage on the damaged servitor. Two bolts slam into the servitor's right arm, shearing it off at the elbow. It topples, the sickly green light fading from its eyes.

Its companion swings again at Artemis. It misses, shattering a surgical light stand and littering the floor with broken glass.

Artemis
Standard Attack
Half Action
Base BS 48.
standard ballistic attack to Servitor A :
Dice Roll:
1d100u48
d100 Results: 19 (Total successes = 3)

whoo, finally another hit, i think the first damage roll im rolling using the bolt pistol.
a 19 is 2 degrees of success. (which means if i roll a 1 on my damage dice rolls, i can switch one of them for a roll of a 2, as defined in the Step 4: Attacker determines damage section, pg 244).

Astartes Bolt Weapons have the tearing quality (allowing them to roll an extra dice are discard the lowest dice), so i'm modifying the dice formula to 3d10v1+5 instead of 2d10+5.
bolt damage :
Dice Roll:
3d10v1+5
d10 Results: 10, 8 (Total = 23)

23 EXplosion damage with 5 Pen to the Servitor's left leg.

fires a shot of his own to the other servitor. The bolt flies and strikes the cyborgs leg.

The Space Marine did not want the servitor to puncture his skin again, so he
reverse quick draw? ya i got a reason for this...if i dont scew up. if holstering would be deemed too slow, i drop them on the ground instead.
holsters his knife and pistol, then attempts to
Im using my other half action to use a Standard attack
Half Action
Type: Grapple
Need to pass a basic WS skill test to start grapple.
attempting grapple on Servitor B :
Dice Roll:
1d100u45
d100 Results: 19 (Total successes = 3)

grab hold of the servitor. Artemis dug his cerimite covered fingers into the servitor's arms, preventing it from using those dreaded vice grips.

Artemis yells at Magdalena, Sister, now is your chance, while i have the foe restrained!