Old Dec 4 '11, 5:11am
Great Wyrm

Second Round for One Piece

One Piece - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Intro
Wealth, Fame, Power.

The man who acquired everything in this world, the Pirate King, Gol D. Roger. The final words that were said at his execution, sent people to the seas.

"My wealth and treasures? If you want it, I'll let you have it. Look for it, I left it all in that place."

Men now, chasing their dreams, head towards the Grand Line.

The world now enters a Great Age of Pirates!

Setting ToneOne Piece is a whacky, dramatic, fantasy world of epic portions. Where great pirates are the equivalent of Supers, hence why I will be using the 2nd Edition of Mutant & Masterminds and some of its supplement. A flexible point base RPG system. If you can imagine it, it is possible.

The PlayersI'm looking for heroic characters that are looking for adventure, treasure, and chasing their dreams. Also, team players, I'm not looking for the lone wolf who can do everything, because, well, you can't. That's why you join a crew.

To apply to this game, before anything, have access to the book. It's very important that you acquire the core book by some means. Next, have a concept. What do you look like? Did you eat a devil fruit? What is your skill set? Do you use a weapon? Do you have a bad sense of direction? Important questions that deserve a well thought out answer. You don't need to make a sheet until you are accepted into the game. Finally, tie it all together with the backstory. Where you came from, who raised you, who taught you what, things like that need to be answered. A well written and thought out backstory can make a big difference. No haki, logaia or canon devil fruits are permitted at this time.

We've been going for several years strong now and both crews recently entered the Grand Line.

CrewThere are two active crews. The Pinstripe Pirates lead by Ryan D. "The Suit" Syrus and The Virtuoso Pirates lead by "Visionary" Ree.

PinstripesCurrent crew...
  • Captain - Ryan D. "The Suit" Syrus, ??? ??? Fruit - ???
  • Cook - "Godspeed" Marshall D. Vice, Zoom Zoom Fruit (Superspeed), Martial Artist
  • Musician - "Puppy Eyes" Shiron, Fox-Fox Fruit: Model Nine Tails (Mythical), Martial Artist
  • Doctor - Bahari, Fishman, Martial Artist
  • Navigator - "Lighting Wolf" Darus T. Slash, Swordsman
  • Shipwright - Kubo, Martial Artist

VirtuososCurrent Crew...
  • Captain - "Visionary" Ree - Art Art Fruit - Animate Drawings
  • Navigator - "Wind Dancer" Winnie - Storm Storm Fruit - Weather Control
  • Cook - Katie Elenora - Herc Herc Fruit - Super strength and durability
  • Doctor - "Hell Garden" Camohin Eden - Flower Flower Fruit - Plant Man

Game Description:

Ok..., where to start?

Let's try from the beginning.

Wealth, Fame, Power.

The man who acquired everything in this world, the Pirate King, Gol D. Roger. The final words that were said at his execution, sent people to the seas.

"My wealth and treasures? If you want it, I'll let you have it. Look for it, I left it all in that place."

Men now, chasing their dreams, head towards the Grand Line.

The world now enters a Great Age of Pirates!

There, but this isn't your normal One Piece. This is One Piece AT (Alternate Time), where some of those if are answered. Such as, what if Luffy didn't become a pirate? What if the Straw Hat Pirates didn't shake the World's Government foundation to its core?

Well, follow me and let's find out, shall we?

Last edited by zeone3000; Dec 7 '11 at 9:10am..
I would be interested in playing in such a game. I can come to have the book in a matter of days to manage my character creation and learn the system (which I believe I've used ONCE a few years ago). My question to you, oh might story teller in the skies above, is what happens if we don't a damned thing about the series? Could a player still be effective and helpful to his fellow PCs, not be a blank slate in decision making, and hold a place in the world? I could read chunks of the One Piece wiki, of course, and ask a few anime fanatic friends of mine, but I personally have not seen more than eight minutes of the show, including commercials when it was on TV.

If you think I would be more of a burden to the game, please say so. I will respectfully withdraw my intent to submit a character idea.

Whoa dude! This sounds amazing I would love to give this a shot. I am rather new to playing online, but this seriously looks b*****!!!

I've only seen three episodes of the show, read a few chapters of the manga, but I'd like to think I've got the gist (it's not first on my watch-list, but it's on it).

MnM 3rd I'm well acquainted with, though.

Far as concepts is concerned, I've a bunch of ideas as to who I could play and will likely have a dozen more in the next few seconds, so I suppose the better question would be what do you have so I don't step on any toes with my concepts ^^

I think I have 286 episodes under my belt (Repeat... I think) I watched up till the end of the first davy back challange and a few episodes of the later stuff, mostly from the character split episodes where Luffy learns Hakkie and Sanjie is on the transvestite Island about there. also seen movies 1,2,4 and 7 I think, cant really remember...

Same as Keramane I'm familier with 3rd ed but Dont have 2nd, but I'll go hunt it down.... Edit: found it.

My real question though is which cannon devil fruits are we allowed to take? I would assume the brutals are out, Magma-Magma, Light-Light and Darkness-Darkness. Also will we be allowed to to hombrew devil fruit?

another question is, I assume we will be joining the current crews?

Edit: So may questions I know... what is your limitations on what can eat a devil fruit? take for example a dragon-dragon fruit ( I just made it up) could I be a ship wright that feeds it to say a ship to make it a flying ship that can transform into a dragon?

also so I can start looking at a build what is the PL more or less?

@GSingley & Keramane - Yeah, it'd be bad idea to join if you have that little experience with the serious.

@Umezawa - You can't take any canon devil fruits. Homebrew, very yes. If you haven't look at the current roster, all of those are.

Yes.

That's... actually really awesome but both crews already have a shipwright.

PL 11, 165 pp.

sweet I actually have an Idea for a Doku-Doku (Poison-Poison) fruit, I was wondering how important ship rolls where? I'm thinking of makeing the character money hungy (Sort of like Nami with the $ in her eyes) and he can be the ships accountant (or something)

oh... crud I didn't know that... Hmm. Ok I'll think of something else then.

Idea 2...
Oni-Oni no Mi. A mythical zoan that transforms into a Demon?