Old Dec 6 '11, 12:23pm
Lord of The Expanse

For The Glory of House Morek!

For the Glory of House Morek - Forum
Rogue Trader
Ad Closes: Dec 12 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 6

The fortunes of some Rogue Trader dynasties rise and fall with each subsequent holder of the Warrant of Trade. The Morek Dynasty was a power to be reckoned with in the Calixis Sector for many generations until misfortune befell them through means most foul. Whispers amongst the nobility speak of heresy, but the dynasty weathered the storm of the Inquisition and emerged relatively unscathed. Nevertheless, the denizens of the Imperium are fickle and often times paranoid; the brush with the Emperor's Holy Inquisition shook the foundations of ancient House alliances and several trade compacts.

Were it not for a powerful rival and his consortium of allies, House Morek and it's holdings would have remained strong by the strength of it's patriarch, Nathanius Morek. Alas, Lord Morek has fallen at the hands of an assassin, and a new heir is now left to reforge fractured alliances and pave a new path. You are responsible for returning the dynasty to it's former glory through conquest, negotiation, and revenge.

"Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit"
- motto of House Morek

About Me
I'm Lord of Bones and I will be the Helmsman of this game as we traverse the Expanse for House Morek, in the name of The Emperor!

This is my first time running a Rogue Trader game. I've had some brief experience playing Deathwatch, but this will be my first GM experience with the system. That being said, I have run many games over the years using other systems and I'm confident that I can translate that experience into a successful campaign here.

Despite my lack of experience with the 40k rpgs, I am very familiar with the 40k setting and I have an abiding fondness for it. So much so that I assign all light and fluffy anime-style characters to the grimdark schola until they emerge suitably transformed into proper denizens of the Imperium.

About You
I'm looking for six players. I would prefer those with some knowledge of the 40k setting, but there are enough sources online to assist those unfamiliar with the setting, so that isn't necessarily a deal breaker as long as you're willing to familiarize yourself with the setting for the enjoyment of the rest of us.

If you are a player inclined to try and break the game via power-gaming, please don't apply this time around. This is, after all, my first rodeo with this system and I don't need the aggravation any more than you do. Thanks.

On Posting
I prefer a more relaxed posting rate. Daily posting can be problematic for some, including me. A minimum of three or four a week seems fair, but I'm open to more. As long as everyone is posting I'll do my best to keep things moving along. If you haven't posted in a few days we'll likely skip your turn. If you just disappear your character will get very brave.

My work schedule is subject to change at a moment's notice and I often have to travel. I work on most holidays. When this pops up I will post to let you know. Please make an effort to do the same so we can accommodate it.

Sources Allowed
I've been meaning to get a tabletop game going for a long time, hence I own all of the Rogue Trader supplements. They are all fair game, with the caveat that anything found to be broken will be fixed.

Errata is in effect.

Character Creation
  • Rogue Trader Careers only
  • No Xenos, sanctioned or otherwise
  • Non-adjacent Origin Path selections are allowed
  • The 100 point allocation method on p.14 of the Rogue Trader rulebook is acceptable, as is rolling here on-site. Re-roll one poor result for free if you like. In addition, you may spend one Fate Point to re-roll them all, one time.

Please apply with the following (to serve as writing sample as well):
Name:
Career:
Description:
Background:

Game Description:

The fortunes of some Rogue Trader dynasties rise and fall with each subsequent holder of the Warrant of Trade. The Morek Dynasty was a power to be reckoned with in the Calixis Sector for many generations until misfortune befell them through means most foul. Whispers amongst the nobility speak of heresy, but the dynasty weathered the storm of the Inquisition and emerged relatively unscathed. Nevertheless, the denizens of the Imperium are fickle and often times paranoid; the brush with the Emperor's Holy Inquisition shook the foundations of ancient House alliances and several trade compacts.

Were it not for a powerful rival and his consortium of allies, House Morek and it's holdings would have remained strong by the strength of it's patriarch, Nathanius Morek. Alas, Lord Morek has fallen at the hands of an assassin, and a new heir is now left to reforge fractured alliances and pave a new path. You are responsible for returning the dynasty to it's former glory through conquest, negotiation, and revenge.

"Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit"
- motto of House Morek

Last edited by Lord of Bones; Dec 7 '11 at 4:30am..
I'm curious - how long ago was the abortive Inquisitorial investigation? Because if recently, I could work that into my lawyer-Seneschal's background.

I'm interested, am a huge 40k-fan, but I haven't got a chance to play the roleplaying games yet, even though I have the rulebooks. So I'll try to brew up something

[*waves hands frantically*] Count me interested. I've played in a number of rouge trader games here on the weave but all have died in their opening scenes. Hopefully this, as a slower pace game, will last a bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diagoras View Post
I'm curious - how long ago was the abortive Inquisitorial investigation? Because if recently, I could work that into my lawyer-Seneschal's background.
Within the last few years Diagoras.

I would be interested. Perhaps a voidborn navigator or a Master-At-Arms. Though I do always have a soft spot for the Priesthood of Mars. I'll have to look at the books again.

I have a question as well. I presume that one of the players will have to take on the roll of the Rouge Trader, correct?

If I am correct, the rogue trader has already been chosen, it was the one who requested for a game of RT.

Immensely interested! I am always on the look-out for more W40K games.

I ami interested in running a Void-Master. I will have a character concept shortly.

Is the point buy method allowed, or only rolls? I think I recalled in the planning thread that the former was true, but I wanted to check.