Notices

Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

wierdest thing that happened to you today.

This actually happened a couple of days ago, but who cares.
I was attempting to fix my old skool hedge trimmer, and getting very annoyed with it, when my brother pulled up in his car. He shouted through the window "hey, I just bought something you might be interested in" (he couldn't see what I was doing). I reply, annoyed, "If it's not a hedge trimmer I don't want it". He laughs and from his back seat he retrieves... a brand new hedge trimmer.

A colleague and I had to report a theft to the ICQA (inventory count and quality assurance...I think) of our warehouse yesterday. How did we know it was stolen? It was open, used, and discarded in the men's bathroom. What was it? A fake female anatomy adult toy. Who found it? The general manager of the mega global-wide online shopping site warehouse. I'm just glad they didn't make me write out an incident report.

I need a new job.

My luck is absolutely deplorable, so this was thoroughly weird for me. Yesterday evening, I went out and bought three booster packs of Magic the Gathering cards, and managed to get 6 mythic rarity cards totalling around $40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleSyllable View Post
My luck is absolutely deplorable, so this was thoroughly weird for me. Yesterday evening, I went out and bought three booster packs of Magic the Gathering cards, and managed to get 6 mythic rarity cards totalling around $40.
At the risk of being demoted from a Platinum Geek Card to a Gold Geek Card...that thing you said, is it good?

If I recall correctly, each pack contains 15 cards, with one of them being a rare card. There is a 1/8 chance that the rare card is a mythic rare. To get six in three packs is...quite uncommon, shall we say...

I was able to get another Touhou game (immaterial and missing power) to work under WINE. Normally things break when I try that...or at least the window refuses to re-size correctly. Subterranean Animism also worked, but at ten frames per second...though the music still plays normally, which lets me listen to it longer...

Today I was kissed on the lips (and both cheeks) by a very old Russian woman. Very weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTorrance View Post
At the risk of being demoted from a Platinum Geek Card to a Gold Geek Card...that thing you said, is it good?
It's okay, you're still a platinum geek

Yeah, the chances are somewhere around 0.0000856 % or somewhere near that if I did the math correctly. Which is still blowing my mind at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM020110 View Post
I was able to get another Touhou game (immaterial and missing power) to work under WINE.
I had no idea that someone other than myself still played Touhou.

Today a friend of mine came to class with a thermos filled with vodka and juice, drinking it all in the hour long class.

And there's a topper for today...finding someone else who plays...

Shoot the bullet is somewhat working...all sounds cuts out after around fourty seconds, though...

I have done almost nothing at work tonight except work on the weave. that is weird because I am not a slacker!!!. (No Truly). I am actually feeling ill and my place of work is a wide open room that is freezing cold. I am huddled by my space-heater waiting for the sun to rise and my relief to arrive.

Honestly; the fact nothing weird happened to me today - probably makes it the weirdest day I've had in a while. And also boring.