Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

wierdest thing that happened to you today.

Sadly enough, im having one of those days too nautilus.
*sigh* its very boring.

I checked to see if any classes would be cancelled today, as it is the day before March break, before driving an hour and 10 minutes to get to school only to find that all of my classes had been cancelled. Except a lab at 2:30-5:30.

Went through the shopping mall to quickly grab more garbage bags

Left with a new sunday job! Ended up, i'm trying (and being paid to try) "co-ordinator" for the car boot markets there. Pays just enough for my interest, and no explanation of what i'm in for work wise.

I was looking for a little extra work, so this could be gold. Dunno what it'll involve but i'm not fussy.

It was my birthday today. When singing Happy Birthday, my father used the "you look like a monkey" variant, and my mother accidentally used my brother's name. That was a bit weird.

Still trying to figure out what one of my gifts is, too...

edit: Oh - much weirder is the Hatoful Boyfriend LP I've been reading for the past couple of days, which I heartily endorse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirocco View Post
Ended up, i'm trying (and being paid to try) "co-ordinator" for the car boot markets there.
I don't know what things are like on your side of the 'Weave, but around here the car boot "co-ordinators" are not very well-liked. Hope things work out for you, at any rate.

LOL(?)

Well, i'll find out what i'm in for in due course. It's not the only avenue of extra work i'm looking down.

The other day I came back home and realized I forgot... my car.

I'm living in the suburb. I started taking courses at the university in Autumn. Before parking is complicated in the city, I was going by car up to the nearest metro station, where there is a lot of parking. Then a few days ago, I met someone who's living in the same town as me and going to the same course by car. All happy, I ask him to give me a lift. And he's all happy to have someone to talk to for the travel. And we're so happy to chat and all that I forget I left my car at the metro station! Fortunately, the parking is free and I had another course the next day, so I used the bus to reach the metro station, and came back with my car this time!

I was in the middle of a small gaming shop just outside my university, which also doubles as our anime vista, was empty as I entered in, aimlessly blowing time waiting to become hungry. Finding many a beautiful pvc figure, rulebook, manga, card game, board game, and video game, my phone rings it's wonderful tone.

As it begins, I look up to see upwards of 12 people pour into the shop and proceed to glance strangely at me as I hastily attempt to fish my now ringing phone. After a few seconds, I manage to answer my phone, and all is well again.

I swear I was absolutely flabbergasted by this event; it was like they were waiting outside for me, waiting for dad to call so they could give me a weird look. Uncannily true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleSyllable View Post
I was in the middle of a small gaming shop just outside my university, which also doubles as our anime vista, was empty as I entered in, aimlessly blowing time waiting to become hungry. Finding many a beautiful pvc figure, rulebook, manga, card game, board game, and video game, my phone rings it's wonderful tone.
I have an equally-goofy ringtone on my cell (it's for my wife...the default tone is the TARDIS materialization sound). I love it when it goes off in a really quiet library or restaurant.