Chapter 2: Reunion at zombie beach

Cord

With a grim smile at the half-elf's improved attitude, Cord nods towards the halfling and the gnome, Methinks that them what ha' been working the hardest ter keep up ought be on th' last watch if'n we needs 'em ter take a watch at all. By th' same token, since me own peepers kin see in the darkest night, ol' Cord'll take th' midnight watch. If Tyranthius and each o' ye kin take a watch, that'll cover us. A hint of mirth touches the corners of his blue eyes as he finishes, Since ye're so tuckered oot, princess, mayhaps one o' yer mates'll take first watch.

Tyranthius

After sitting quietly and watching everyone talk and catch up on the adventures for the last few days, Tyranthius will speak up, trying to sound fun but with some venom in his toneSure, I'll do first watch but only if the lot of ya stop prattling on and on about who did what with who like a brood of hens. with that sharp comment he'll start laughing and ready his gear for watch. He'll look over at Cord and give him a curt nod Don't you even say a word. After checking his bow and rapier he'll stand up, stretch out and start picking his way around the camp getting quieter as he makes his rounds.

Cord

Cord looks at Tyranthius with his best "who, me?" expression, then gives an exaggerated wink and a nod to the elf, and chuckles to himself as he readies his own bed, and says to everyone Be any o' ye in need o' healin' afore we calls it a day?

Olo

The halfling shrugs. "Well, it is probably a good idea for me to sleep; if I am refreshed, I can control the spirits better tomorrow. Not that it has been particularly useful, so far," he sighs, in response to Cord's statement. "I just hope we can catch up with Kark quickly. Even for those of you that don't like the idea of saving a half-orc, anyone who is taking castaways by force is a threat to all of us. The sooner we can get a combined base established, the better, as I think there is strength in numbers..."

With that, he settles down, and tries to get relaxed.

Japheth
Japheth picks up on Olo's idea. Maybe tomorrow I could head back along the beach and do what I can to merge the two camps. I can travel quickly and quietly so it should be safe. He points to the map the group made from the charts they found on Jenivere. I'm not sure which camp is best: ours, which is a little farther away and more protected or yours which is at least on the edge of Kark's abductors' range but is closer to where we are exploring.

Sariel
Sariel barely glances at the map. If we wish to avoid further abductions, or the necessity of collecting wood and water in pairs I would suggest our camp. The elf stretches luxuriously. I am glad we have decided to stop for the night, and that there are enough of us to take double watches. We have noticed the elf pauses and chooses the word carefully apparitions in the sea. She nods to Tyranthius. If you have no objections I will join you on the first watch, lest we end up discussing who did what to you.
Sariel is very curious about the water spirits... or whatever they are. Not curious enough to go swimming with them, at least not yet, but she will certainly be keeping watch for them.
OOC

Olo

"Apparations?" Olo asks, with interest. He mutters something to the air around him, and appears to be waiting for an answer; the wind stirs the sand and leaves around him, but nothing else seems to happen. "Curious. I haven't seen anything like that. I agree, the well-defended camp would be best, although I still think we should move in pairs at the least." The halfling yawns, and shakes his head, apparantly fighting the sleep he knows he should have.

Hawkler

Hawkler stirs a little as he offers his turn at watch.
I can take second watch with Cord. It will give me a little time to get some shut-eye. Night everyone.

Cord

Cord nods to Hawkler, I appreciate th'offer o' company, but I'll be needin' eight hours rest ter recharge me spells, so we'll be needin' a fifth watch. Why don't ye take that'n on yer own, and I'll take me watch the same way?

Tyranthius

with an resigned sigh Fine. For the record, the half breed and I saw these "apparitions". We saw an elven woman. I'll tell ya though, if I see it tonight, I'm putting an arrow through it.