Chat and Doom

Good :-)

End of the month seems pretty fair. It is two weeks on top of the time we've already had. I'll go find my books :-)

I had a pic here that I was worried about being too sci-fi looking, but it seems as though the effect will work nicely with his background, so I am going to use it regardless.

I am trying to finish the background and all of that good stuff this afternoon. The crunch was done but I am going to revisit it today or tomorrow hopefully.

End of the month! Can't wait! Eeeeeeeeeeee! :-)

Like SB, I welcome feedback from the boss on my chara concept. Thx. <3

I am going to be generating my StatBlock now....should be up pretty soon for review, Ruben.

A couple of things.

For you mages/technomancers, I'll let you take the discounts for submersion/initiation if you detail the network/group and task you performed for the bonus. Keep in mind that there are groups that form simply for the purpose of initiation, so you don't even have to be tied to them. The basic idea is that if you tell me what happened and give me a plot hook or two I'll give you the bonus.

Also, if you guys could list bp and karma expenditures in the threads that would really help me make sure all the totals are right. At the very least telling me what you spent your karma on will help me double check your work.

I might rework my Karma/BPs to take a group initiation. Just to check. It's 5 Karma to join the group, plus 11 for the initiation for a total of 16 Karma? I was also thinking of making the Oath ordeal compulsory for the group, which would knock the initiation down to 8 Karma for a total of 13.

Also, I'm helping laiced rework his PC a bit and we were thinking about making a Vanatru group that initiates both magicians and technomancers. Is that OK with you?

If so, can technomancers take Oath as a submersion task? I don't see it in Unwired, but they also note that submersion tasks are still developing. Maybe we can think of a digital twist to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs View Post
I might rework my Karma/BPs to take a group initiation. Just to check. It's 5 Karma to join the group, plus 11 for the initiation for a total of 16 Karma? I was also thinking of making the Oath ordeal compulsory for the group, which would knock the initiation down to 8 Karma for a total of 13.

Also, I'm helping laiced rework his PC a bit and we were thinking about making a Vanatru group that initiates both magicians and technomancers. Is that OK with you?

If so, can technomancers take Oath as a submersion task? I don't see it in Unwired, but they also note that submersion tasks are still developing. Maybe we can think of a digital twist to that.
If you can do as good a job with the group as you did with the magical background, I'll waive the 5 karma initiation fee.

And yeah, it's totally fine if you make a group that combines both Technomancy and Magic into one harmonious whole. Frankly that makes things easier on me, so that's good with me.

I don't see a major problem with taking Oath as a submersion task, though I'd ask if it's really necessary when the book offers a lot of other good choices.

This is what we have so far:

That looks really, really solid ebuds. In fact, I really dig it and the blending of the two traditions has tons of story potential. It even has me thinking about quests to merge the two, creating a couple of new Positive Qualities that allow magicians to learn complex forms as spells and technomancers to view the astral plane via a special complex form. But that needs more thought and it would be the focus of a few runs.

Good work so far!

Great! Glad to contribute some color to the game and double glad if it inspires some plotlines.