Oric

I'm going to go with you not having a miss chance, but anyone else would, barring any other shenanigans

phoerix,

I might be replying to fast to the main thread. Since Guurb won in init, do you want me to wait until after Guurb posts before I post or does it matter?

As far as I'm concerned, as long as you guys are in teh same slot, whoever goes whenever is fine with me. Once a few multiple initiatives get dropped, then it becomes an issue, but I'll let you know both ways. You're fine

I will thinking about taking "Cleave" next until I found "Natural Bond" in the Complete Adventurer on page 111. A +3 to my Animal Companions hit dice wow that fits right up a "Beast Masters" ally. Next lvl Oric will take Beast master and will be considered 6th lvl char with his -2 LA actually be a effectivly being a 8th lvl char so this feat will let Oric get a Animal Companion equal to his 8th lvl. I believe this is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate13 View Post
I will thinking about taking "Cleave" next until I found "Natural Bond" in the Complete Adventurer on page 111. A +3 to my Animal Companions hit dice wow that fits right up with a "Beast Masters". Next lvl Oric will take Beast master and will be considered 6th lvl char with his -2 LA actually be a effectivly being a 8th lvl char so this feat will let Oric get a Animal Companion equal to his 8th lvl. I believe this is correct.
I wrote this when you was not getting your emails. Is the above correct?

The Natural Bond feat will affect all Beast Masters animal companions in later lvls.

LA doesn't count as levels or HD for qualifying for feats. So at ECL 8, you're still going to be only level 6. I'm ruling it that way, even though the text is unusual. The intent is that it caps out at your normal level, and I'm going to keep it there.

So If you grabbed the feat at that level (6'th) along with the beastmaster class, which you'd have to do in order to use the feat anyway, you'd get a companion as a 6'th level druid. Next level, if you didn't take beastmaster, you'd still go up to 7'th level because X+3+3 (that is beastmaster level+3 (beastmaster special) +3 (feat) = 7) But I might toss you a swanky pet because I like doing that sort of thing Lawful chaotic I am at times

And yes, we'll say it does in fact work on the extra pets.

Swanky pet??? Sounds interesting. Will the Natural bond (+3 animal companion) feat apply to all the beastmaster animal companions 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th?

Quote:
And yes, we'll say it does in fact work on the extra pets.
That'd be a yes

Currently (Oger(4)/Ranger(1) = ecl 7)

Oger(4)/Ranger(1)/BeastMaster(8) = ecl 15

Feat next lvl (6): Nature Bond
Feat lvl (9): True Believer
Feat lvl (12): Mounted Combat or Cleave

Ability Inc (8): Str, Ability Inc (12): Str

Wild empathy, Alertness, Speak with animals 2/day, Scent

Low-light vision (look at that discription Complete Adventurer: pg:27) Will this increase my dark vision because of my race? In the description of this ablity for the beastmaster it incr the range your races low-light vision already if your race already has low-light vission? I do not know why a race will have both Dark vision and Low-light vision. Right now my Dark Vision is at 60 feet, will it go to 120 feet?

Animal companion, Extra animal companion (-3), Extra animal companion (-6)
1st Pet (14 HD) : ??????????
2nd Pet (11 HD) : ??????????
3rd Pet (8 HD) : ??????????

Will one of my pets be a mount? If so, I might take "Mounted Combat" to help protect my animal companion in battle.

With all my pets, I will be a army of my own.